• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vancouver Rememberance Day events

BDTyre

Reaction score
Seeing as I actually managed to get Rememberance Day off this year, I am planning to take advantage of it.

I know the Seaforth's museum is open after the ceremonies, which is good as I need to do a research trip.  However, does anyone know what else is going on that day?

Thanks!

The  Seaforth Junior Ranks Club will also be open for most to the afternoon. It's always a popular spot with the Police and Fire Services. Lot's of beer so little time........

Might be fun; too bad I'm still a civvie...main goal is the museum though as that's for school purposes.

Anything going on anywhere before the parade and ceremony?

Billy Bishop's is a good spot. Kind of a required stop for all troops in Vancouver.

Do someone knows where the parade is in Vancouver?  I'm sorry, I don't..  :-[  :cdn:  :salute:

Victory Square on East Hastings. Get there early, the weather is supposed to be pretty good.

HollywoodHitman said:
Everyone up for the Blarney as usual?

Last year the Blarney was closed as they didn't want any problems with fights amongst drunken service members.

Billy Bishop's was pretty busy and the Roxy was full of soldiers and cops later on, but it was pretty much a sausage-fest as none of the usual Roxy hotties were out.

I wish I could make the trip up again this year, however with a 2 month old daughter my priorities are a little closer to home this year. 

Well I was home in bed by 9pm last year on the day. I havent' gone to Blarney for a couple years so I didnt really know. Roxy a sausage fest? Say it isn't so!!!

No worries, I'm sure I'll figure it out, or at any rate I'll just come home and go to sleep.  :salute:

Blarney Stone, Seaforths, fights, naah that could never happen 8)

Nice to see some things are constant in this ever changing world. Ask some of the older guys (1970-1980's) about the "Harp" which used toi be beside the Blarney.

Harp and Heather? Never went there, Never paid a cover charge ;) Didn't have my 19th birthday there and had not been a regular for 2 years by then either ;D. Hey Danjanou? Were you there the night all of our Para types decided to jump from the upper level onto the tables below.  What a ruckus that caused!

Wasn't that every Saturday Night? :o

Drinking under age perish the thought, never catch me doing that there 8)

Ah nice trip down memory lane.

Were you there the night the Blackwatch Pipes and Drums were in the mess after playing at the PNE and we ended up dragging half of them down to the Blarney?

Back