• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

V 22 in Halifax...Very cool

Maybe you guys at Shearwater can help me out,
I met two Scot's at the pub the night before this thread was posted, and I'm trying to figure out what they were flying and if anyone actually saw them (or if they were two Scot's taking the piss because I told them throwing telephone polls isn't a sport)
I know they weren't flying this...thing, but from what I remember they were flying one big one full of fuel and two smaller ones and they were doing mid-air refuels with.
Anyways, Cheers for any help.

Strike said:
???

http://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/ba609/
http://images.google.ca/images?q=V-22+Osprey&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title

Someone needs to get a new perscription for their glasses.   ;D

Someone needs to follow the conversation and draw their conclusions from more than just this thread ::)

Che said:
I met two Scot's at the pub the night before this thread was posted, and I'm trying to figure out what they were flying and if anyone actually saw them

Found an image of Inch passing his rotary wing course....that help?

5_1939_310x260.jpg

;D

Regards

Che said:
Maybe you guys at Shearwater can help me out,
I met two Scot's at the pub the night before this thread was posted, and I'm trying to figure out what they were flying and if anyone actually saw them (or if they were two Scot's taking the piss because I told them throwing telephone polls isn't a sport)
I know they weren't flying this...thing, but from what I remember they were flying one big one full of fuel and two smaller ones and they were doing mid-air refuels with.Anyways, Cheers for any help.

The Scots would be part of Team Apache that's here for a few more weeks. Doing icing trials on the British Apache Longbow. As for the high-lighted sentence, were you drunk when you typed that or just trying to be purposely vague?  ;D

C&P Crusader said:
Found an image of Inch passing his rotary wing course....that help?

;D

Regards

Oh my, trying to contain the laughter......ha.......ha......ha  ;D

Naw, I just saw Inch's machine. Too bad it wasn't the Hillier Hornet ;D

Inch said:
Thanks for the info, but I already said it was indeed an Osprey. I'm going to let you in on a little secret us pilots have, we use these things called radios and when a tilt rotor aircraft that looks like an Osprey, is painted grey like an Osprey, and uses the call sign OspreyXX, it's probably an Osprey.
;)

As an aside, thanks for the clarification on the longbow, I thought it was a US whirlybird. Wasn't allowed on that side of the hangar when I was there.

edited for spelling

Back