• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Using an enemy's rifle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ak.abdale

Inactive
Reaction score
  I used the search function and came up with no results for the answer I'm looking for. Okay, so say your in a combat situation and your weapon brakes or you are out of ammo with no other means of defending yourself, are you allowed to grab an enemy's weapon off the ground and use that? This is just out of curiosity and I highly doubt it would actually happen.

Ak.Abdale

Ak.abdale said:
Okay, so say your in a combat situation and your weapon brakes or you are out of ammo with no other means of defending yourself
Ak.Abdale

Then your not a well train soldier... now are you?

Ak.abdale said:
   I used the search function and came up with no results for the answer I'm looking for. Okay, so say your in a combat situation and your weapon brakes or you are out of ammo with no other means of defending yourself, are you allowed to grab an enemy's weapon off the ground and use that? This is just out of curiosity and I highly doubt it would actually happen.

Ak.Abdale

I guess in that situation, would you want to live or die?  ;D That will find you your answer...

Well what if you have your rifle and you just pick up one of their's and just fire away? Is that against any rules or laws?

Ak.abdale said:
  Well what if you have your rifle and you just pick up one of their's and just fire away? Is that against any rules or laws?

Let's say I would prefer to be judge by 12 then be carry away by 6....

Ak.abdale,

I am not quite sure exactly what information you are seeking.

If you were in a critical situation and your only choice was to use an available enemy weapon or die, then yes, you probably would do so.  Keep in mind if things are that dire, there are probably friendly weapons handy that no longer have available operators to choose from as well.

Friendly weapons come with the familiarity and practice to use them efficiently, as well as a confidence factor that they have been maintained well enough to be trusted.  An enemy weapon is a complete gamble: is it loaded, is there other ammo, is it mechanically sound or likely to malfunction/explode/fail to fire, what do you do if any of those things happens?  Also, if you have to time to sort out an enemy's weapon, then you have to me to sort out the available friendly ones.

If you're wondering if you can just try an enemy weapon out of curiosity, then the answer is no (go back to the last para for all the reasons why this might be a bad choice).  If your curiosity is strong enough, start reading the weapons threads and you will be able to identify a few posters who might be able to tell you how to pursue safe and sane opportunities to try the small arms the enemy uses without having to consider picking them up in the field.

One reason why Foriegn weapons classe ares taught.

Ak.abdale said:

Ak.Abdale

Wargaming are we??

It does happen.

Some in my Combat Team carried AKs as back-ups in their LAVs. No questions asked.

EDIT; I was also the OPI for foreign SA and RPG trg

Wesley Down Under: That clarifies what I was looking for. No wargaming here, but me and a couple friends might start with the clear plastic air-soft guns just around in the back field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Chontosh
The President of the United States
Takes Pleasure in Presenting
The Navy Cross
To

Brian R. Chontosh
First Lieutenant, United States Marine Corps

For Services as Set Forth in the Following Citation:

For extraordinary heroism as Combined Anti-Armor Platoon Commander, Weapons Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM on March 25, 2003. While leading his platoon north on Highway I toward Ad Diwaniyah, First Lieutenant Chontosh's platoon moved into a coordinated ambush of mortars, rocket propelled grenades, and automatic weapons fire. With coalition tanks blocking the road ahead, he realized his platoon was caught in a kill zone. He had his driver move the vehicle through a breach along his flank, where he was immediately taken under fire from an entrenched machine gun. Without hesitation, First Lieutenant Chontosh ordered the driver to advance directly at the enemy position enabling his .50 caliber machine gunner to silence the enemy. He then directed his driver into the enemy trench, where he exited his vehicle and began to clear the trench with an M16A2 service rifle and 9 millimeter pistol. His ammunition depleted, First Lieutenant Chontosh, with complete disregard for his safety, twice picked up discarded enemy rifles and continued his ferocious attack. When a Marine following him found an enemy rocket propelled grenade launcher, First Lieutenant Chontosh used it to destroy yet another group of enemy soldiers. When his audacious attack ended, he had cleared over 200 meters of the enemy trench, killing more than 20 enemy soldiers and wounding several others. By his outstanding display of decisive leadership, unlimited courage in the face of heavy enemy fire, and utmost devotion to duty, First Lieutenant Chontosh reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.

If you are in a firefight and run out of ammo, then you better either pick something up or find some more ammo!

Okay, so say your in a combat situation and your weapon brakes or you are out of ammo with no other means of defending yourself, are you allowed to grab an enemy's weapon off the ground and use that?

Yes, but it will only work if you're holding the X button.

Red 6 said:
If you are in a firefight and run out of ammo, then you better either pick something up or find some more ammo!

Exactly... no laws should stop you from protecting yourself just because you would opt for an enemy weapon... :)

Just think about it for a sec:  "No, I couldn't possibly pick up that dead Taliban's rifle and magazines, I may get fined.  Guess I'll just lay here bleeding 'til the women from the village come out to cut me balls off."  Eeeesh  ::)

I really don't think you would want to "opt" for an enemy weapon unless that is your only choice.  You aren't trained with it, and there are no guarantees as to it's condition.  So if you are without a firearm, and there are weapons of your comrades around, you should take those over any enemy weapon (unless you have a very specific need for an enemy weapon: stories from past wars where soldiers have turned the enemies machine gun on them).
You should almost always "opt" for a weapon your own military uses as you have all your training on those, we keep weapons clean and tend to them properly.

It would have to be really bad to need an enemy weapon I would believe, like Kat Stevens' example.

??? I thought booby traps were bras.......Am I missin ??? sumthin hear?? ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back