• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Anybody who thinks the US military would not fracture if ordered to do something illegal by Donald Trump that recklessly endangers lives or the greater world peace, or somehow imperils the nation such that it is at risk for no reason and cannot be mitigated, doesn’t understand that there are far more good American people and to that end good loyal soldiers who will not let that man destroy their country.

Anybody who thinks the US military would not fracture if ordered to do something illegal by Donald Trump that recklessly endangers lives or the greater world peace, or somehow imperils the nation such that it is at risk for no reason and cannot be mitigated, doesn’t understand that there are far more good American people and to that end good loyal soldiers who will not let that man destroy their country.

Are we really gaming this ? Is this a thing ? Or are people just fear mongering ?

Reactions: QV

What has Trump done that gives you any idea this is a real risk by him?

All of the stuff that has gone on since then should give you an indication it's the other side that has been, and will do, nefarious things.

What has Trump done that gives you any idea this is a real risk by him?

All of the stuff that has gone on since then should give you an indication it's the other side that has been, and will do, nefarious things.
Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

Are we really gaming this ? Is this a thing ? Or are people just fear mongering ?
Fear-mongering, which is customary for a governing clique which has lost its way and thinks it is about to be turfed out again. There is no conspiracy theory too far out to be entertained.

Trump has already shown he is too lazy to undertake the work necessary to remake all of government as some sort of authoritarian rubber stamp. If he weren't lazy, his previous administration demonstrated that he would be opposed by Congress, courts, senior military leadership, media, academia, people up and down the agencies of the executive branch, state governments of both parties, etc.

All of the appointments requiring Senate confirmation will be in the hands of whoever is the majority leader.

Neither Senate nor House looks to be a significant majority no matter which way either goes. If Republicans capture both it will only be necessary to peel off a couple of senators or a handful of members together with Democrats to block things. It is wildly improbable that Republicans in the Senate or House will form a whole bloc dependably subservient to Trump.

Keep in mind a lot of this sh!t is cooked up by people who think court packing is an appropriate solution to seeing a Republican president appoint conservative justices by wholly legitimate means. A couple of major case judgements went against them and they live in a world in which the court is 6-3 on everything (it assuredly is not) and the 6 are Trump's handmaidens (they assuredly are not).

Reactions: QV
Fear-mongering, which is customary for a governing clique which has lost its way and thinks it is about to be turfed out again. There is no conspiracy theory too far out to be entertained.
That may have been the case when Biden was on the ticket, but if anything the Dems have been re-energized in the past few months.

If we’re going to talk about fear-mongering, Trump talked about legal migrants (brought here under his administration) eating people’s pets on a live debate, then doubled down when fact-checked. It has been proven that it was started on FB, of all things, with zero proof, but Trump and parts of the GOP still went with that narrative.

And to double back on the original discussion point, this is about the US military fracturing and picking sides, not the American people.

If we’re going to talk about fear-mongering, Trump talked about legal migrants (brought here under his administration) eating people’s pets on a live debate, then doubled down when fact-checked. It has been proven that it was started on FB, of all things, with zero proof, but Trump and parts of the GOP still went with that narrative.
Yes, Trump belched out a ridiculously improbable and ill-founded malicious defamatory rumour, regardless whether it is grounded on some fact that someone somewhere once killed and ate urban wildlife. What's happened in the past few days? A probable assassination attempt. What's a response being floated by some people? Victim-blaming, as if the kind of hatred being spun up is somehow excused at some remove by slandering Haitians in Springfield OH. What are they overlooking? The hundreds of statements by prominent politicians and other opinion leaders that amount to "Trump is such a danger to democracy...", with "...that anything goes" either stated or implied. All the people doing that are grossly irresponsible.

Bad Trump for repeating wild claims before waiting a few days for some kinds of investigation and verification. Good thing no-one else jumps on idiotic rumours and absurd speculations.

I'll lay down a marker. If Trump wins, some people are going to follow through on their ideas for obstructing Trump. When Trump attempts to counter them, they'll cry out that he is being oppressive-authoritarian-tyrannical.
And to double back on the original discussion point, this is about the US military fracturing and picking sides, not the American people.
The US military is composed of American people. And I haven't seen any evidence that Milley's call to the Chinese was prompted by something reasonable. When someone claims he had to do something because of some imagined risk that Trump might be irresponsible, I hold the person making the claim to be irresponsible. All the US military members sworn to an oath to the constitution can start there and follow lawful orders consistent with their oaths; the rest can follow lawful orders from their superiors.

All of it is just hyper-speculative bullsh!t. People need to clean out their heads and start paying attention to what they know, not the stories provocateurs are feeding them to gain political advantage. Ask yourselves - how much of what you worry about right now is just someone's imaginary threat?

All of it is just hyper-speculative bullsh!t. People need to clean out their heads and start paying attention to what they know, not the stories provocateurs are feeding them to gain political advantage. Ask yourselves - how much of what you worry about right now is just someone's imaginary threat?
I have, and I have come to the conclusion that when the politics of division have been allowed to fester in history, it rarely ends well.

If you read my post, I never said Trump. I said that many western politicians are playing with a pandora's box that they don't understand the implications of opening. And that scares me. I first voiced that opinion in 2018 in my withdrawal from social media at that time (it was a Facebook rant, and I disappeared for a few years, including from here), and it has gotten worse.

How is it ok that while one side literally opens a Presidential debate with a call that the best way to fix the economy is to get rid of "them" (in this particular case, illegal immigrants) the other side responds by calling those that have some sympathy for that (for what ever reason) a bunch of misguided intolerant deplorables.

As I've stated numerous times I don't think this is being fed by the majority (who feel completely disenfranchised), but by the vocal wings. If you don't make any effort to understand and empathize with those "on the other side" you are part of the problem.

It is past time for the silent majority to stop wishing the vocal minority would shut up, it's time for them to put them back in their cribs where they belong.

As I've stated numerous times I don't think this is being fed by the majority (who feel completely disenfranchised), but by the vocal wings. If you don't make any effort to understand and empathize with those "on the other side" you are part of the problem.

It is past time for the silent majority to stop wishing the vocal minority would shut up, it's time for them to put them back in their cribs where they belong.
Well said sir. (y)

To remind everyone who may not have watched the debate, there was no audience. It was just the two moderators and the two candidates.

And no one on Gutfeld (there were 4 in that video) tried to correct him.

Also, GOP votes against their own bill to keep the lights on. I’m sure the US military loves not getting paid…

Last edited:

To remind everyone who may not have watched the debate, there was no audience. It was just the two moderators and the two candidates.

And no one on Gutfeld (there were 4 in that video) tried to correct him.

Also, GOP votes against their own bill to keep the lights on. I’m sure the US military loves not getting paid…

At present, the conduct of elections is entirely a matter for each state, and there is no role for the federal executive to play. Trump has a vested and direct legal interest, following the SCOTUS immunity decision, in any legislation that could allow for a plausible claim that the president or senior federal executive do have a role in the conduct of elections. Putting elections within reach of the core or peripheral presidential functions would armoue Trump against future prosecutions for election interference if he frigs around again.

Back