• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Can you post the article ? It wont open on DWAN.
Here’s the text:

As the control of the Senate hangs in the balance, GOP candidates across the country are facing a similar problem: Troubling and bizarrepast statements, both in-person and on social media, are coming back to haunt them. But in Minnesota, Royce White is an even more extreme case.

In a tweet from 2022 that has since resurfaced, White claims that “‘bad guys” won the second world war, saying, “The bad guys won in WWII. There were no ‘good guys’ in that war. The controlling interests had a jump ball. If you look closely, you see the link between liberalism and communism in the Allied forces.”

Annotation-2024-10-04-110252.png

As is known to most, the Allied forces were fighting to defeat the Nazis and eliminate genocidal fascism that had taken hold of much of Europe and Asia, not advancing “controlling interests.” White also erroneously claimed that General George Patton was murdered; in reality, the general died in 1945 from complications from a car crash.

White also has a habit of alienating voters, including members of his own party. In one recent exchange, he called Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell “RINO Scum.” In another, he called National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair Steve Daines a “RINO & Neocon” and indicated he would “track [Republicans] down and weed [them] out if they aren’t extreme enough.”

In one specific interaction from Monday, White told a potential voter to “pull their skirt down” and that “nobody cares about your preferences,” to which the voter replied “f— you then! You just lost my families support.”

With polls showing White trailing significantly behind incumbent Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D), his campaign faces an uphill battle that is further complicated by his erratic past and incendiary statements. White’s bizarre social media posts, as well as his abrasive interactions with members of both parties, have raised repeatedquestions not just about his temperament but also his suitability for office.

Heartland Signal has been closely following the former NBA player’s political career since his shift into electoral politics — with some calling him the most “unhinged, tinfoil hat” candidate in recent memory. White has long been a supporter of right-wing “intellectuals” like Jordan Peterson, Alex Jones and Glenn Beck, with him previously hosting a TV show on Jones’ Infowars network.

For the GOP, this race is emblematic of a broader challenge: candidate quality. As Republicans struggle to field competitive candidates in key battleground states, it’s becoming clear that a lack of coherent messaging and a failure to resonate with a majority of suburban voters could be a major liability as they seek to regain control of the Senate. For now, White’s campaign appears unlikely to reverse its downward trajectory.

For the last time.

You need to show ID to vote. Illegal immigrants, by their very name, do not have ID.

The voter fraud cases turned out to be mostly for the GOP last time around.
Circuling back to this gem.

“California Governor Gavin Newsom has signed legislation that prevents local governments from requiring voters to present identification at the polls, a law aimed at curbing conservative efforts in cities like Huntington Beach.”

“California Governor Gavin Newsom has signed legislation that prevents local governments from requiring voters to present identification at the polls, a law aimed at curbing conservative efforts in cities like Huntington Beach.”
That got me wondering how CA processes votes if you don’t need to show ID.

Turns out that one of three things has to happen, according to The California Secretary of State website on voter registration:

1. You register to vote at least 15 days prior to the election.
  2. You do “conditional voter registration” between 15 and 1 day prior to the election.
  3. You can do same-day registration, but only in certain places.
Either way, from that site and this CBS article, it seems like some form of ID is required. If you don’t have it, the CA SOS site says the county elections people will contact you. At least in LA County (not sure about other ones), you need to provide proof of residence.

So, at least from what I’ve quickly read, people still need to provide some form of proof that they’re eligible to vote.

That got me wondering how CA processes votes if you don’t need to show ID.

Turns out that one of three things has to happen, according to The California Secretary of State website on voter registration:

1. You register to vote at least 15 days prior to the election.
  2. You do “conditional voter registration” between 15 and 1 day prior to the election.
  3. You can do same-day registration, but only in certain places.
Either way, from that site and this CBS article, it seems like some form of ID is required. If you don’t have it, the CA SOS site says the county elections people will contact you. At least in LA County (not sure about other ones), you need to provide proof of residence.

So, at least from what I’ve quickly read, people still need to provide some form of proof that they’re eligible to vote.
I show my registration card and another ID to vote in elections here. Can't imagine what the fuss would be over having to produce ID there. It's improbable that the people activists claim might have "difficulty" should be affected any more than the same classes of people here. After those reasons are vacated, I can only wonder why there's so much resistance to a common-sense voting integrity protection.

Where do local governments think they get any authority in the conduct of elections for federal office? The state holds that power.

Back