• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US dealers shipping to Canada

Blow

Inactive
Reaction score
First off, i hope this is the correct spot to put this in.

I have found a numberous amount of sites that sell relativly cheap and good quality gear wich all ship for quite cheap (And in a few casses FREE) to american adresses but do not ship to Canadian adresses! I find this very unfare. They claim they do not want "Overseas" shipping yet Canada is left out! Why are we not part of north america? Hawaii, mexico and such all get shipped to ... but we are forgotten!

I urge any owners or affiliates of US dealers who do not ship to Canada to ask them kindly to re-consider. I also ask what you guys do when you cant get it shipped to you? Is there a company in the states that accepts items shipped to them and then drives them over the border to be shipped to Canadians for a fee?

As an example:

http://5.11tactical.com/

At the top you see "Free shipping, No minimum order!"

Of coarse they wont ship to Canada...

What do you do?

Blow said:
First off, i hope this is the correct spot to put this in.

I have found a numberous amount of sites that sell relativly cheap and good quality gear wich all ship for quite cheap (And in a few casses FREE) to american adresses but do not ship to Canadian adresses! I find this very unfare. They claim they do not want "Overseas" shipping yet Canada is left out! Why are we not part of north america? Hawaii, mexico and such all get shipped to ... but we are forgotten!

I urge any owners or affiliates of US dealers who do not ship to Canada to ask them kindly to re-consider. I also ask what you guys do when you cant get it shipped to you? Is there a company in the states that accepts items shipped to them and then drives them over the border to be shipped to Canadians for a fee?

As an example:

http://5.11tactical.com/

At the top you see "Free shipping, No minimum order!"

Of coarse they wont ship to Canada...

What do you do?

Blow,

And 5.11 along with other companies would care about what you think because? You are neither an operator or a regular user of any of their products.

If you want 5.11 product, you find your local 5.11 dealer and you order from them. There you go. You now can get 5.11 products. same with any other major brands, Eagle, BHI, Safariland.

Thank you very much for a quick, to-the-point answer medtech!

Regards, will look harder for reasonably priced Canadian retailers.

Not a problem. Didn't mean to come off like a prick.

www.dstactical.com
in New Westminster, BC carries 5.11 gear. One of the largest 5.11 retailers in Canada. That's a place to start.

Not at all sir,

I use DStactical mostly but i find their prices high on some items and low on others. I am looking at getting a pair of the 5.11 Tac-NFOE Flight Glove's. They are great according to other cadets who own them. I would be using them both at work and cadets. Something fairly skin tight that has a lot of flexibility. If you have any other suggestions glove-wise they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

What are you saying? That the pouches included are all i require or that i do not need a supper good kit?

Can't really figure out what sort of "tactical gear" a cadet would require, or why you would choose to blow your money on it.

"tactical gear" is not exactly what i am looking for but, that is what the products go by. I require a "Load Bering vest" (Or "Gear") to hold different items for quick access. Much like what our soldiers require except i do not require to have access to magazines as i do not Carry any variation of a C7 assault rifle.

Thanks for all of the responces Army.ca Members!

How about one of those fly fishing vests?

Something like this:

s7_940239_renderset_01

I'm sure there is an army surplus close to you where you can get yourself a cheap set of combats and webbing, as opposed to 5.11 pouches...what are you planning on bringing out on a survival excercise anyways? The guys that use that kit are the ones who really need it, and yes, have every reason to spend their money on it.

The old CF OD combat tunics have more than enough space for storage of an FMP, flashlight, folding knife, compass, whatever items you will need to carry on you at all times. The webbing will give you access to water, basic first aid kit, and your rain gear.

I understand that half of the cadets are not "gung ho", but those who are need to stop thinking they are doing the real thing. You are not the Reserves, nor members of the Canadian Forces.

I understand that half of the cadets are not "gung ho",

Compared to other cadet in my squadron i am an alien to their Gung ho' ness. I plan on bringing something like:

Flashlight (X2 and batteries)
Tuke
Lighter, firestarting kit
Knife
Wire/ paracord
mess kit
sunglasses
radio
rain jacket

Other misc.

Not too much but acceptable to have on me all the time. I dislike the load berring strap style gear beacose it sways a great deal while vests seem to be more snug and dont mouve when running or tackling. (We go on chases now and then.)

Blow said:
I plan on bringing something like:

Tuke
Knife
Wire/ paracord
mess kit
sunglasses
radio
rain jacket

That's what I always bring on any FTX, but referring to the replies in your other thread, the vest will fall apart easily unless you get a top of the line one from the companies you listed before. Plus the addition of modular pouches will leave a burning hole in your wallet. Here is my setup, I recommend this as it will last longer and gets the job done:

'82 pattern webbing:
Yoke $20, belt $12, musette/butt pack $12, canteen pouch $7, and one FN C1 mag pouch $5. Total = $56 + gst and pst, depending on where you live.

Some might even call that overkill, but the average price of modular pouches is $10-$30 as opposed to surplus '82, which are just as durable and are easy to find.

The webbing also works well with the rucksack, as you can strap it in under the lid, unlike a modular vest with full pouches.

Blow said:
Compared to other cadet in my squadron i am an alien to their Gung ho' ness. I plan on bringing something like:

Tuke
Knife
Wire/ paracord
mess kit
sunglasses
radio
rain jacket

Other misc.

Not too much but acceptable to have on me all the time. I dislike the load berring strap style gear beacose it sways a great deal while vests seem to be more snug and dont mouve when running or tackling. (We go on chases now and then.)

Try one of THESE
futuresoldier said:

More like $25 plus, depending on brand (the good ones: eagle, TT, HSGI, Etc.) for EXAMPLE

More like $25 plus, depending on brand (the good ones: eagle, TT, HSGI, Etc.) for EXAMPLE

Exactly, and they are intended to last in far worse conditions than one would ever experience on a weekend out in the bush.

Well, it's his money to spend, so dismissal of his desires ("need" should never be used by others to justify what somebody else wishes to own) on this thread or the related one is unnecessary.

Given the planned uses, high quality is not required.

Try the surplus shop suggestion first and see what's available, AC Blow, as at least you'll be able to try stuff on and assess the suitability, value, and quality of merchandise prior to purchase. Shipping costs and the Customs tax collection and administrative fee will add much more to the costs of ordering from the US than you might think.

Thanks loachman... i guess i will have to travel to my surplus store (Over 100KM to the closest one :( we have NONE in my town, and yes everyone in my squadron has searched and not found on) and try on their webbing, then decide on what i should purchase.

Before you seemed quite confident about ordering a tac-vest; why don't you try ordering some webbing if like you said, the nearest surplus store is far from you?

Run a google search on it, here you can find whatever parts you desire for webbing:
(And this is in Canada, so no customs fees)

http://www.aasurplus.ca/virtuemart/26.html

Blow said:
Thanks loachman... i guess i will have to travel to my surplus store (Over 100KM to the closest one :( we have NONE in my town, and yes everyone in my squadron has searched and not found on) and try on their webbing, then decide on what i should purchase.

You're welcome, and I'm reasonably familiar with Squamish as my former inlaws used to live there.

Back