• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Urban Warfare Demo/Open House

• Thread starter Thread starter humint
  • Start date Start date
any possibility of posting these videos online? Sounds pretty cool

Will try. My one camera does AVI files. However, the other only does video8 or mpeg stills from video. Either way, I get pics/movies up next week.

Oi Matt,
Was sick on wednesday and couldn‘t make it down. No one seems to have info on what I told them to go into your office to find out. I told Al and BG to see you cause I wasn‘t going to be in. But alas they have no info for me. What‘s the deal sunshine?

Wed was nuts. We enrolled 23 guys.

I‘ve got some work for you guys. Basically, I need you, Gor, and BG (amongst a few others) for FRI 30 Jan from 0900 Hrs onwards to help set-up our displays. Talk to the guys and get back to me to confirm attendance.

There are also a couple of other dates for work -- drop by the office on Wed for those.

Hey Jonsey:

Have you applied to the CF yet? By that I mean, does the Hamilton Recruiting Centre have your application? Let me know if you are having any trouble.

Humnit:

Not yet, I‘m still working on who to get for my references. That‘s all I need, though.

Jonsey:

Get on that right away and get your application in to CFRC Hamilton ASAP. The whole process can take a 3-4 months, so you need to do it ASAP if you want summer courses.

And, the sooner we swear you into the unit, the sooner we can give you pre-course training -- that way you are all set for your course.

For the reference letters -- all you need to do is get two people who have known you for a combined 5 years. Try a teacher, a former/current employer, etc.

Yeah, I was going to ask my karate instructor and my family doctor this week.

Rumour has it that a LAV III will also be on display at the Urban Ops Demo.

Can we keep it? Because L/Col Elms promised us LAV‘s. So I‘m still waiting for my LAV III. I refuse to walk anywhere because they promised me LAV‘s!!

Ellison:

Not too sure why you haven‘t been issued yours, but I‘ve had my new LAV METRO since the summer. I guess I‘m either more important or better looking, or possibly both!

There is more armour surrounding the eraser on a 2H pencil then there is on your LAV Metro. Good old LAV Metro, only armourment is the crooked windshield wisher fluid dispenser the fires the liquid overtop of the Metro onto the windshield of the vehicle behind you. Blinding them long enough for you to pull your LAV underneath the Chevy Silverado or F-250 beside you, thus eluding your enemy on the highway. This is your only weapon in the LAV Metro...for its 55 Horsepower 3 cylinder engine doesn‘t allow for fast getaways.

Yes, Ellisson, it‘s called "maneuver warfare." I guess you don‘t learn those kind of tactics as an NCM. Don‘t worry, though, I won‘t think any less of you!

More urban ops training photos at www.sentex.net/argylls.

For recruiting info, see

http://www.sentex.net/argylls/recruiting.htm

Remember, the Urban Ops demo and recruit open house is SAT, 31 JAN 2004, from 0800 to 1600. You can try out all the weapons on the range, and there will also be a LAV III there for your viewing pleasure.

Just got word that Diemaco, the maker of the C7, will also have a display at the recruiting event, and they will be showcasing all of their new PDW, CT & law enforcement weapons and possibly the new C7A2 design.

Back