• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM) 2005 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a good point meanjean. I got my offer earlier this week but i havent registered for any courses yet. how does the process work? Do you just pay for the courses up front and then get reimburses? Any previous utp's have some insight?

Thanks!

Jay79 said:
Thats a good point meanjean. I got my offer earlier this week but i havent registered for any courses yet. how does the process work? Do you just pay for the courses up front and then get reimburses? Any previous utp's have some insight?

Thanks!

There will be very few people affected in the manner laid out by MeanJean as every institution is different in their registration requirements and timings. 

As for paying for courses there are several options;

1- member registers and pays for it right away.  Mbr then claims it later through their ULO,

2- Member can request an advance for their tutition and then pay for their courses that way,

3- Mbr can do a mixture of 1 & 2.  IE: paying for part of their tuition and claiming it, while requesting an advance for the rest.

It doesn't really matter how you pay it as it is (for the most part) all claimable and it will be covered.  I suggest getting an advance and then then paying for courses.  Most institutions do not require payment at the time of registration, but rather have a deadline to pay sometime in the first semester.  This only makes sense as registration is before or during the summer months when many students are working to save up the money for school anyway.

Yeah and I really doubt registration for Fall is open in too many locations (if any).  Final exams just finished.  My school hasn't even published the Fall academic calendar.

I would guess you are assigned a registration date by your school, before which you can't register anyway.  That's how mine works and it's pretty normal.

RMC is still accepting UTPNCM, I have an offer to attend.  This maybe because I am living in Kingston, so it will not cost the military anything to move me.  My civilian university would have been a cost move out to Ottawa. 

It's a win win situation, my wife and I  don't have to move and the taxpayers keep some of their money.

Forum_Newbie said:
RMC is still accepting UTPNCM, I have an offer to attend.

Congratulations! 

It is great knowing that you don't have to move. 

bobot said:
Where was this announced? Is there anywhere I can look to find it?

I have only hear that the board sat late this year and results should be here soon. The cuts are very discouraging :(

Please post, if anyone hears anything!

UTPMNCM is now discontinued because of the Conservative's budget cuts:

http://everitas.rmcclub.ca/?p=74849

RMCC's Blog.

Ocean H said:

At RMC only.

UTPNCM will continue at civilian universities.

Ocean H said:

http://everitas.rmcclub.ca/?p=74849

RMCC's Blog.

Ummm rigggghtt.... It is like CA said not some government Conservative conspiracy.

I have a quection regarding UTPNCM,

I know that you do your degree at a civilian university,

Do you get to choose the university?

Can it be a college that gives bachelor degrees?

I am already doing courses through Thompson River University distance education and enrolled in a program, can i continue distance education?

Thanks

You get your degree from any degree-granting institution. Some colleges should fit the bill. You would have to check with your BPSO to see if yours does.

As for doing full-time distance learning; I have never heard of it.

I do know a few CEOTP types that we doing full-time distance learning (they were civilian commercial pilots).

CFAO 9-13 has the details you want. I don't have it in front of me, but I am pretty sure it says you must "attend" a university, not just "be enrolled" in one.

Make an appt with your BPSO, seriously. Things are changing so much, they should have the best uptodate info.

If you have any specific questions, send me a pm.

Wook

MasterInstructor said:
I have a quection regarding UTPNCM,

I know that you do your degree at a civilian university,

Do you get to choose the university?

Can it be a college that gives bachelor degrees?

I am already doing courses through Thompson River University distance education and enrolled in a program, can i continue distance education?

Thanks

Distance Education is fine; as is any institution that is sanctioned to give Bachelor degrees.

MJP said:
Ummm rigggghtt.... It is like CA said not some government Conservative conspiracy.

What? When did I mentioned it's a Conservative conspiracy? I mentioned it's due to the Conservative's budget cuts and provided an official source link and jwtg and MJP ("get your facts straight") say I'm misleading?! Wow, freaking unbelievable.

Ocean H said:
Wow, freaking unbelievable.

What you posted (3 times in fact) was indeed misleading.

Ocean H said:

FACT: UTPNCM is not being discontinued, just that it will no longer be offered through RMC, but civilian universities only.

CDN Aviator said:
What you posted (3 times in fact) was indeed misleading.

FACT: UTPNCM is not being discontinued, just that it will no longer be offered through RMC, but civilian universities only.

3 times misleading? As Forum_Newbie mentioned which is different from what you mentioned. As far as I see, I'm the only one that posted an official source link therefore the only credible information mentioning as I quote from the 14th line of the official source link:

One shocker! UTPMNCM commonly referred to as UTs will also be discontinued. There will be no I Year class arriving in September. Those already at the college will be able to finish out their time until they graduate.

We do not have any details concerning Royal Military College Saint-Jean, however, it is expected that the message is similar.

We were hoping to receive a press release with the official word concerning both college but it was still not available at press time. Stay tuned.

I hope I don't bump into any of you when I'll graduate. The lack of logic is astounding.

Ocean H said:
As far as I see, I'm the only one

http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/105703/post-1139260.html#msg1139260

Now I understand. You are an ROTP applicant and know everything about the military. I'm sorry i doubted you.

Good luck.

CDN Aviator said:
http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/105703/post-1139260.html#msg1139260

Now I understand. You are an ROTP applicant and know everything about the military. I'm sorry i doubted you.

Good luck.

Now I understand. You're a Warrant Officer (Enlisted ranks, not a commissioned officer). You mentioned "FACT: UTPNCM is not being discontinued, just that it will no longer be offered through RMC, but civilian universities only". Do you have any proof to back your fact?

Ocean H said:
3 times misleading? As Forum_Newbie mentioned which is different from what you mentioned. As far as I see, I'm the only one that posted an official source link therefore the only credible information mentioning as I quote from the 14th line of the official source link:

I hope I don't bump into any of you when I'll graduate. The lack of logic is astounding.
1) Your info is misleading and incorrect.  E-veritas is the RMC Club Foundation newsletter- in other words, the online newsletter for the Alumni association of RMC. That is your official source- an alumni newsletter.

2) I don't think you actually understand what being a Warrant Officer means; it means he has a helluva a lot more experience than you and you should probably listen twice as much as you (figuratively) speak.

3) I have an official source of information: The RMC Commandant who briefed RMC that UTPNCM is discontinued at RMC (sort of- some Kingston applicants will still join Otter SQN and study under the UTPNCM at RMC because there is no cost to move them to Kingston- they're already here) and that future UTPNCMs will study at Civi schools.

4) Your official source clearly made an error when they failed to clarify that UTPNCM will continue at Civi schools- maybe because, as the RMC Alumni group, their primary concern is RMC.

5) Check out the UTPNCM thread and you'll see that several people have received UTPNCM offers, which suggests to me that the UTPNCM program is continuing to exist.

Long story short: Your statement that the UTPNCM program is discontinued is in fact misleading.

For anyone else who is waiting, I received a UT offer today for Plt.  When I spoke to s mbr at D Mil C a couple weeks ago they told me that Plt offers were delayed as they didn't have all results from CFASC yet, so maybe there's two more for Plt that will be coming out in the next day or so.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back