• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unifarm idears from Back to Basics

Back to Basics.

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all.  I read somewhere here on the site, that someone propossed the notion of a Danish Army style Army work dress.  Why not adopt such a notion...!  I'd like to think of the economic spin offs that such a dress would bring to the civilian sector, not to mention infusing a sense of pride of dress to the Army.  Maybe even getting the Air Force back into their work dress too.  Thoughts?

We have a hard enough time kitting out the whole Forces with rain jackets and tacvests (years after procurement), and you want to introduce a garrison dress?

Royal Blue berets for the Artillery, Engineers(Army), and Amy Med Techs?
Maple Leaf shaped Pips for Officers too?
Spurs for Armoured NCO's and Officers?
White lanyards for Arty NCO's and Officers?
No....? :yellow:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Oh, you were serious?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Back to Basics. said:
Hello all.  I read somewhere here on the site, that someone propossed the notion of a Danish Army style Army work dress.  Why not adopt such a notion...!  I'd like to think of the economic spin offs that such a dress would bring to the civilian sector, not to mention infusing a sense of pride of dress to the Army.  Maybe even getting the Air Force back into their work dress too.  Thoughts?

You are all over the map with your posts, that it is really making it difficult to take you seriously.  Who are you and why do you want another uniform or bring back something that we finally got rid of? 

Back to Basics. said:
Hello all.  My Dad was a member of the RCASC and he and I were talking the other day about how the UK has the RLC and now New Zealand has a RNZ Army Logistic Regiment.  Think Canada should do a re-org and create a Canadian Logistic Corps with Logistic Regiments at brigade level and Logistic Company's within the various ASG's?  New cap-badge and colours too?  Any thoughts?

Back to Basics. said:
Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could answer a question I have regarding the Supply Tech trade.  The question is: Is it possible to be posted to an Infantry Jump Company as a newly trained Bin Rat?  Do you have to be Jump qualified first and if you do service in such a company, do you get to wear a maroon beret?

Back to Basics. said:
Just wondering if there are any Arty Officers out there who have completed the AJOSQ for Unit Training?  Having a hell of a time.  Can't seem to put it together.  Is there anyone who has completed one and can help?

Greatly appreciated!!!!!!! :yellow:

Back to Basics. said:
RCN Fleet Air Arm, HMNZS Canterbury, A medical frigate.  RCAF;AH.Mk.7 Lynx, SA 330 Puma, Eurocopter Tiger, Pilot Officer, Flight Sergeant.  Nelson Knots for RCN Officers, Forage Caps for the RCAF, so on and so on......!  Service Women wearing skirts again.  Mapleleaf shaped Pips for Army Officers. I believe people will be more inclined to join if uniform, rank and insignia changes were made to better reflect the RCN, Canadian Army and the RCAF!!!!! Some new kit to or at least the notion of having an investigation into the kit suggestions I've made.  I may be no Psychologist, but theses simple Uniform changes may help those suffering from the effects of service in Afghanistan, like my Brother.  Introduce some new uniforms for various purposes would keep the mind busy while the meds and therapy do the rest.  Introduce a "Voluntary Service Medal", much like the one issued to Canadians during WW II!!!!!!!  For sure, having 'AFGHANISTAN' added to Regimental Colours..........1

Back to Basics. said:
  :cdnsalute:I'd like to talk to all about something that has been bothering me for sometime now and would like very much to hear any feed back.  It is about bloody time the Government reversed that horseshit put in place by the Liberal Government of the late "60"s and brought back the uniforms of the Royal Canadian Navy, The Canadian Army, and The Royal Canadian Air Force.  Let's face it folks, people are crows.  We like shiney things and going back old school will grab the attention of those thinking of joining and it will keep those thinking of leaving from doing so.  Lookinng the part is half the battle.  A web site is soon coming that will show how tings shouls be asweel as petitions.  I have read the CFAO's and the QR&O's and there is nothing about the old uniforms and there wearing, so I went out, took me two months, but I bought the necessast kit for what a soldier of the Canadian Army is supposed to look like.  And what ever happened to the "ROYAL" in the names of the Navy and Airforce?  A change is afoot folks and when the site is up and running the Governement will have no choice but to put things right again.  Never mess with dose not have to be messed with right?  The Governement needs people to join and have those alreay in, to stay.  Make the necessary changes and all will slowly fall into place.  Bring back pre 1968.  I want to wear an Army uniform like my dad did.  If I look it, I'll feel it.

What's a unifarm?  One big honking farm for everyone?  ???

PMedMoe said:
What's a unifarm?  One big honking farm for everyone?  ???

Yeah, and if you are part of a Unifarm, do automatically get an idear? are they heavy?  taxable?

Back to Basics. said:
  Maybe even getting the Air Force back into their work dress too. 

Besides the fact that it was a terrible uniform, what would be the point ? Aircrews still wont wear it ( not allowed to fly in it) and ground crews are just going to change into coveralls so that they can actually do their jobs.

But hey, we needed another BS uniform discussion right ?

::)

Back to Basics. said:
Royal Blue berets for the Artillery, Engineers(Army), and Amy Med Techs?
Maple Leaf shaped Pips for Officers too?
Spurs for Armoured NCO's and Officers?
White lanyards for Arty NCO's and Officers?
No....? :yellow:

Why Royal Blue?  It was Midnight Blue before.  Besides, what's wrong with green - makes you more bullet proof.  And learn to spell; Amy is a girl's name, Army is something pretty different.

MM

Back to Basics. said:
  :cdnsalute:I'd like to talk to all about something that has been bothering me for sometime now and would like very much to hear any feed back.  It is about bloody time the Government reversed that horseshit put in place by the Liberal Government of the late "60"s and brought back the uniforms of the Royal Canadian Navy, The Canadian Army, and The Royal Canadian Air Force.  Let's face it folks, people are crows.  We like shiney things and going back old school will grab the attention of those thinking of joining and it will keep those thinking of leaving from doing so.  Lookinng the part is half the battle.  A web site is soon coming that will show how tings shouls be asweel as petitions.  I have read the CFAO's and the QR&O's and there is nothing about the old uniforms and there wearing, so I went out, took me two months, but I bought the necessast kit for what a soldier of the Canadian Army is supposed to look like.  And what ever happened to the "ROYAL" in the names of the Navy and Airforce?  A change is afoot folks and when the site is up and running the Governement will have no choice but to put things right again.  Never mess with dose not have to be messed with right?  The Governement needs people to join and have those alreay in, to stay.  Make the necessary changes and all will slowly fall into place.  Bring back pre 1968.  I want to wear an Army uniform like my dad did.  If I look it, I'll feel it.

Clearly, you don't know about the realities of modern military theory:

gi-joe-the-battle-shirt.jpg

Back to Basics. said:

Here's my answer: NO!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!! :rage:

We had Garrison Dress in the 80's. Never again. Its the 21st Century now. Even I can tell that.

Back