• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TV series "The Unit"

Did you enjoy it

• Yes

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • It was OK

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

hagan_91

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I just finished season 4. I have to say I enjoyed it alot. Some times I would watch 4-5 episodes in a row because I had to see what was going to happen next.

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/the_unit/        <Link to all seasons/episodes. A few are missing though.

My thoughts:

J

U

N

K

Oooooh, a show about cool high speed secret squirrel ninja warriors with a bit of soap opera about thier wives.

Nope. Didn't like it at all.

Rider Pride said:
My thoughts:

Oooooh, a show about cool high speed secret squirrel ninja warriors with a bit of soap opera about thier wives.

Same here, I didn't really care for it that much. My parents loved it but not I.

Rider Pride said:
a show about cool high speed secret squirrel ninja warriors with a bit of soap opera about thier wives.

Really? Even when the army realized what a wonderful resource they had available to them, and started using the super-PMQ wives on their squirrel missions?  ;D

Was better than Big Brother or Keeping up with the Kardashians....

The unit....Well lets see, I never served in a special ops unit but I will take a wild ass guess on a few things
1. The CO is not always standing by in the TOC, talking to the teams while they are on a missions in a live format;
2. I know Jonas is supposed to be a SGT MAJ but where is the command SGT MAJ? You never hear of him even though if you look at the entrance to the 303rd Logistical Studies unit, it list the CO and CSM (US talk for RSM);
3. Wives banging other people while their husbands are away, well thats bitter reality. It happens;

A few more critisms but hey, it was a good time killer when I was bored and actually had time for TV.

ArmyRick said:
2. I know Jonas is supposed to be a SGT MAJ but where is the command SGT MAJ? You never hear of him even though if you look at the entrance to the 303rd Logistical Studies unit, it list the CO and CSM (US talk for RSM);

The CSM is actually the guy that wrote the book the show was based on. You see his name when they show shots of the sign in front of the building, and E.L. Haney is listed as the CSM. Pretty sure that's why he's never seen.

I did catch that but still in any real army unit, including yank ones, SR NCOs are around checking in on the guys (in our case SR NCOs and WOs). Generation Kill has the Unit beaten hands down for reality of how soldiers behave, react and take pokes at each other....

ArmyRick said:
Generation Kill has the Unit beaten hands down for reality of how soldiers behave, react and take pokes at each other....

Oh for sure. The Unit was more drama and shoot-em-up action than any sort of realism. Hollywood definitely took over on that one.

Rider Pride said:
My thoughts:

J

U

N

K

My thoughts exactly. I initially watched the show, but found it so unrealistic that I stopped watching it. The big bossy wife telling the wife of one the newcomers where they could/couldn't live really peeved me off.

Retired AF Guy said:
My thoughts exactly. I initially watched the show, but found it so unrealistic that I stopped watching it. The big bossy wife telling the wife of one the newcomers where they could/couldn't live really peeved me off.

Though wives wearing their husbands rank isn't uncommon.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Though wives wearing their husbands rank isn't uncommon.

Yeah, that was actually one of the more realistic parts of the show, I thought.

Yea Band of brothers, The pacific, and Generation kill all take the cake for best mini series. But just cause the unit isnt realistic its still a good tv show.

Problem with any closer to reality story on a unit that officially does not really exist if you get too close to reality the blanket of National Security comes crashing down.  It was based off the book written by "the unit's" first CSM, which was close enough to get him PNG from the unit (and he married the units's first CO's daughter btw).

Some of the episodes where okay - but somewhere around Season2 it went completely stupid.  My wife liked it - so I ended up suffering thru most of the seasons.

I enjoyed the show, the missions were not very realistic but what  can they do in one hour ( 45 minutes of actual tv show time) I enjoyed the show where they  were put in the POW camp for training, it was much like the  books I read about training on how to be a POW.
As for wives wearing the rank....had an RSM whose wife thought she was the RSM and issued orders. As for rule for how these people live I am sure there are people who sorta give the unwritten rules of how your family lives and some sort of cover story to keep the job secure. As for the CO sleeping with a wife of a team member I am sure it would not go over well.

IT was made for tv to entertain the masses not entertain the people who live and do the job for real

Back