• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TRX

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone use TRX system or the kettle bells are part of their training program? I got a TRX in the mail now. I used it once and fell in love with it. As for kettle bells, I need to get my hands on a new set since my brother wanted his back. Go figure.  ;D

So anyone opinion on the TRX.. love it/hate it/witchcraft?

Here this a 10 minute video about it, if it interests you.

The Borden gym has a bunch, and I've used them to good effect.  I like how you can scale how hard something is just by shuffling your feet front or back.

TRX is recommended by our physio for return to full power/strength training. As you are only using your own body wieght and functional angles, the risk of injury, or re-injury, is lower. A well anchored set of TRX bands, a 8-12 kg medicine ball, and a 30 inch box is all you need for a great full body workout in which your own imagination is the only limiting factor.

A set of gymnastics rings are cheaper, and you can do pretty much all the same stuff.

Just got her in the mail today. Just like Christmas for me. Now to get off milnet.ca and do something. :D

Rider Pride said:
TRX is recommended by our physio for return to full power/strength training. As you are only using your own body wieght and functional angles, the risk of injury, or re-injury, is lower.

Their instability also helps to work core muscles more than you would think, which helps those recovering from back injuries or with chronic back issues.

As for the kettle bells, they're great as well, provided you use them properly.  I've seen too many people using their backs as opposed to their legs when doing swings and it makes me shake my head.  And they wonder why I can do more reps with more weight than they can when I'm smaller than they are.

Strike said:
Their instability also helps to work core muscles more than you would think, which helps those recovering from back injuries or with chronic back issues.

As for the kettle bells, they're great as well, provided you use them properly.  I've seen too many people using their backs as opposed to their legs when doing swings and it makes me shake my head.  And they wonder why I can do more reps with more weight than they can when I'm smaller than they are.

Legs as in quads/hamstring or just in general driving up with the hips?  If you mean the latter then absolutely.  Legs are involved, but your hip drive should be providing most of the force in kettle bell work-out. 

MJP said:
Legs as in quads/hamstring or just in general driving up with the hips?  If you mean the latter then absolutely.  Legs are involved, but your hip drive should be providing most of the force in kettle bell work-out.

What I tend to see at the gym are people using arms and back as opposed to hips and legs, and not taking advantage of the natural swing.

Strike said:
What I tend to see at the gym are people using arms and back as opposed to hips and legs, and not taking advantage of the natural swing.

I know what ya' mean.  Fight the kettlebell and you'll lose.  Natural strong hip drive makes short work of kettlebell work outs.

We use TRX exercises(leg curls, pushups, sandbag drag, etc) in some of the circuits we do for morning PT,  I like it, plus it's something different then the standard excercises. 

Just picked up a TRX tactical today. Was in love with it after one round of training. Add a jump rope in for some cardio and you are set!

Back