• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training Buddies Wanted - Vancouver (Lower Mainland) Area

Hi All;

The hike up to Golden Ears is postponed to the 16/17 July weekend and most likely will be a two day event. Any and all participants are welcome to join us!

Here's the scoop according to my Backroad Mapbook;

Golden Ear's Trail - 24 Km/14.6 mile trip gains 1,500m/4,875' to the peak. Note: The book suggests 10hr/overnight trip.

Description:

The begins at the West Canyon Parking Lot and follows Gold Creek and the West Canyon Trail to Alder Flats. Most of the elevation gain happens in the last few kilometers. At this point the trail heads steeply up the ridge past a rustic mountain shelter to the summit Panorama Ridge. You will break out of the trees and into the high, rocky Alpine. Enjoy the views of Pitt Lake and the surrounding area as you climb to the top.

Please contact me if you wish to be added to the list!

Bob

Am planning a run on the Fort-to-Fort Trail again for this Wednesday 29 June at 4:30 pm. We'll meet in front of the Fort Langley Community Centre (Library) - Big Yellow Bldg on Glover Road on west side of the street. Please see previous posts for the route and distance.

As always, any and all participants are welcome to join in.

Bob

Hi Everyone;

To all of you interested in getting together to run and train we again will be running this up-coming week starting tomorrow 4 July from the Fort Langley Community Centre/Library (Big Yellow Building) located on the West side of Glover Road just north of 88th Avenue right in Fort Langley.

We will start around 4:30pm. We are only doing 8km round trip, but are getting our times down quite efficiently!

Any and all levels are welcome and we are hoping to be continuing this run on  Mondays, Wednesdays, & hopefully Fridays at the same time, but please do check to ensure that we are going.

Any and all ideas for hikes and trail runs are welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

For anyone who's interested, the 5 Peaks (trail) race on Seymour is coming up July 23rd: http://www.5peaks.com/schedule.asp?p=bc&raceid=68

Course is about 9kms with approx. 900M vertical: I pre-ran it yesterday and it's pretty gnarly (lotsa big a$$ rocks 'n' mud) ... there are a few sections that are unrun-able.  The race should be fun but pretty tough, unless it rains (in which case it will be deadly).  >:D

I'm reviving this thread ;D anyone in or around the lower mainland feel free to PM me and maybe we can get a group together!

I'm in New Westminster if anyone happens to be nearby - just finished being Merit Listed and waiting for an offer. I'm a big fan of running, personally, but up for anything.

Ayrsayle said:
I'm in New Westminster if anyone happens to be nearby - just finished being Merit Listed and waiting for an offer. I'm a big fan of running, personally, but up for anything.

I'm in the same situation, but I'm in Montreal right now and won't be back in BC until the end of July (I live in Port Moody). If you haven't shipped out by then, I'd be down for some jogging or something.

Back