• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trade choice that offers skydiving/ lots of other thrill

jsingh

Inactive
Reaction score
I will be submitting my application tomorrow (officer)- first choice is pilot and second is infantry what should i enter as third choice to get to do something real extreme ? Any suggestions ?

I would suggest reading all the posts in the recruiting forums, then you will get an idea of what the Canadian Forces is all about.

A pilot probably only gets to parachute 4 or 5 times in a career before he's asked to seek other employment, so that option is pretty much out.

jsingh said:
I will be submitting my application tomorrow (officer)- first choice is pilot and second is infantry what should i enter as third choice to get to do something real extreme ? Any suggestions ?

If you are looking for sh*ts n giggles and looking for fun times an doing all this fun stuff like skydiving. Don't enlist.  If you want to be all "extreme", etc  join a sky diving club.

When I hand in my application, the recruiter at the CFRC told me that if I enter 3 trades choice, It's because I have no problem to accept any of them. So if you really want to be pilot, just write pilot. If it doesn't work, you'll see after to get in as an Infantry Officer. That's what I would do.

dangerboy said:
I would suggest reading all the posts in the recruiting forums, then you will get an idea of what the Canadian Forces is all about.

ditto.  also, when/ if you go into the recruiting centre, they won't even talk to you until you watch some videos (that they have onsite) , and read some literature to know what you're asking for and not just going in there flying blind  (sorry for the pun - I had to)  *speaking from personal experience.

Kat Stevens said:
A pilot probably only gets to parachute 4 or 5 times in a career before he's asked to seek other employment, so that option is pretty much out.

;D good one!

SONAR or EW is a vey thrilling ride off the Grand Banks in February. :crybaby:

Awefully Slow Warfare is pretty extreme....... ;D

Nothing like mashed potatoes and gravy at 300 feet

I can't believe no one said Chaplin. I hear that's a pretty thrilling job.

::)
Beav

The Beaver said:
I can't believe no one said Chaplin. I hear that's a pretty thrilling job.

::)
Beav

As in this Chaplin?

images

;D

Just kidding, I know you meant Chaplain;)

I don't know about you guys, but I bet logistics is way extreme.

*plays air guitar Bill and Ted style*

"Awesome!"

Back