• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tornado Watch - Wainwright

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I guess the boys on Range 16 could see the tornado that landed near Irma.  A few of us just stood outside CMTC Bldg 152 and watched a funnel stretch from cloud to cloud SE of Wainwright, before it dissapated.  Good time to buy a wood stove if it hits camp - be no shortage of kindling.

I saw a couple of funnels when I lived in Alberta, it is the freakiest thing I've ever seen. That sickly greenish color the sky turns, oh my. I lived through some of the great hailstorms also, freakish weather!

The wind has changed direction and the clouds are coming over the camp.  I might have a wet bicycle ride to the WSM for supper.  Buckle-up, butter-Cup!

Reading stuff like this makes gets me even more excited to be out there next week. ;)

Bah, I'm only out there three months, how bad could it be?

Phillman said:
Reading stuff like this makes gets me even more excited to be out there next week. ;)

Bah, I'm only out there three months, how bad could it be?

Have you ever been to wainwrong ?  Just count your belssing you wont be living in the huts !  The weather out there follows its own rules

I spent 2 splendid months there a couple years ago. I guess I might have been a little sacastic. Only a week til I go, it kinda snuck up on me.

Bah. I was at Pine Lake when that F-3 hit. Scariest thing imaginabl, but I guess I'm used to it. I am an 'honorary' storm spotter for Environment Canada, along with my dad. We go out during July and August to go see how many funnel clouds we can see. Last year we saw...28, not including the tornado that touched down near Vulcan last year. Something about watching storms that gets me going.

Back