• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Three soldiers die in Afghan roadside blast

Pte_Martin

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080909/afghan_violence_080909/20080909?hub=World

Three soldiers die in Afghan roadside blast
Updated Tue. Sep. 9 2008 7:24 AM ET

The Associated Press

KABUL, Afghanistan -- The U.S. coalition says a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan has killed three coalition soldiers and an Afghan contractor.

The coalition on Tuesday did not release any other details of the attack, including the soldiers' nationalities, but the overwhelming majority of coalition soldiers in the east are American.

The three deaths bring to 208 the number of international soldiers killed in Afghanistan this year.

Last year a record 222 international soldiers died in Afghanistan.

Canada has lost 97 since the Afghan mission began in 2002.

Sigh...
So many good men!

208 men = 2 companies

What a waste

Gone but not forgotten!

Their names liveth forever more

We will remember them!

CHIMO!

Culture
There is a cultural dimension to waste. Wasting resources involves moral judgments that carry a great deal of weight in human interaction.  Attitudes to this wastage differ between different societies.

For example, food may be wasted in one part of the world while there may be famine elsewhere. 

A parent may regard a child's career in a rock band as a waste of their education, though this opinion may not necessarily be shared by the child.

Though I have soldiered for 35+ years, I still consider that any death is a terrible waste.

That having been said, it is something that has to be done & the soldiers who step in to fill the gap - do so willingly.

When I've learned of previous Canadian casualties in Afghanistan,it deeply affected
me.These are great people and I'm moved by their commitment and self-sacrifice.
  I'm also angered by the ignorant ramblings of what seems to be a large percentage
of the Canadian public.A public being catered to be a biased,left-wing media,looking
to spin all news coming out of Afghanistan.A media who are not interested in report-
ing on the successful operations completed.A media that seems to view each casualty
as a chance to score political hits on the current government ,while paying lip-service
to those casualties.
  Those Canadian Soldiers who have given their lives in Afghanistan were Volunteers,
doing what they believed in,and what they wanted to do.Their lives make the average
"Joe Canadian" back here,watching their 'reality TV',going to jobs they hate,look pretty
sad in comparison.

Back