• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This Feeling...What is it?

CL84

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

Well, today I got all sworn in downtown kitchener. Going Infantry, Regular Force. I'm very happy and proud, as well as very excited.

I'm not sure it's a problem, just a weird feeling, I'm interested in how people felt after they were sworn in, other people that have already sworn in, did the training and just have an oppinion of what this 'feeling' is, looking back. Perhaps some words of advice on it, what kept you going, things like that.

I asked myself if I truely want this. Yes, no doubt about it. Do I want to go through all this training to get where I want to go. Of course, yes. Will I quit or quit now and just forget about all of this..NO WAY. So, what's the problem? I'm not even sure, it's just this feeling I have about it, not good, or even bad, like I'm dreaming or it just hasn't sunk in yet or something. It's a sort of 'wow' feeling...'can't believe it's happening' I guess. I don't know what it is, words can't describe it.

If anyone has any clue as to what I'm talking about, please, fill me in. I'm not asking for advice on the training, or any little tips on how to make things easier, I know that's impossible and you just have to deal with it when you get there. But people who have sworn in, and also have finished the training, looking back, what is this feeling, why am I having this feeling... And well, how did you deal with it in your own little way? Assuming anyone has had this same feeling before training/after swearing in. Who knows, maybe I'm just crazy and I just think too much.

Thanks in advance,  :)

Well I havn't been sworn in yet, but I know exactly what you're feeling from someone who is in pretty much the same position as you are.  I do my Aptitude test, Medical and all that jazz next week, so I'm abit behind where you are.  I'm 95% sure I'll pass them.  I'm not anxious at all about Basic, but since I'm going reg force infantry, I have this strong feeling in my gut thats saying "Wow, you're really going to be in for it"
Not a good feeling or a bad one.  I don't really know how to describe what I'm feeling, but whatever it is, I now know that someone else feels the exact same way.  Oh no, I'm talking about my feelings!!!  :-X  LoL

I think I had the "feeling"your talking about when I was sworn in in 94 and again when I was transferred to reg force in 02.
I chalked it up to nervous excitement.The kind you get when your going in to a totally new situation that you dont anything know about.
I got those feelings starting course and when I was posted for the first time and probably will continue to get those feelings even when I progress throughout my carrer.
So at least that makes 2 of us.........

I was very apprehensive and anxious immediately after I was sworn in. I think at the time I never really gave this career it's due consideration and suddenly it hit me how big of a commitment it was. I'm happy to report that it seems to have worked out (I now have 3 years in the Reg Force) and I'm not really at odds with spending the rest of my life in the CF. I guess it could have been a lot worse though....

Yeah I agree Jedi,

I think that's how it is for me, not really giving this career the due consideration it deserved. Just wanted it, went out and got it. I know it's the right choice though, it's just a weird feling and well, I think too fu**ing much.

Becoming a borderline alcoholic doesn't seem like a bad idea right now.  ;D Just kidding...

Can't wait though, time seems to be going backwards.

Not much different from the feeling you get when you get hitched.  The nervousness will subside then you'll really start to freak at what you did. Hehe.  Just kidding, have fun man.

Haha yeah, I will, thanks.

My Uncle just got married, he met this girl a little over a year ago, and proposed pretty soon actually. He got married in August, I remember how he looked, so nervous and so scared if me made the right choice or not, and well, I guess this 'feeling' arises under any situation, be it getting married, or becoming a dad or mom (my mom told me that one lol) or joining the Army, or even going to University. So I guess it's normal, but, I did think I was nuts for a bit haha.

Thanks again. 

welcome to the club ,  I leave on the 31  and every once in a while I do get that rush of emotion "Holy SHITE im gonna be in Infantry let alone full time so far from home too , I know its the right choice though i don't know how but it just is , hope I won't be dissapointed .

Hmm ....... just keep this in mind  :salute: :warstory:
A vacation in a forreign land
Uncle sam does the best he can
You're in the army now
Oh, oh, you're in the army now

Now you remember what the draftman said
Nothing to do all day but stay in bed
You're in the army now
Oh, oh, you're in the army now

You be the hero of thw neiborhood
Nobody knows that you left for good
You're in the army now