• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Things to do in Budapest?

Here's the link for the Ibis Centrum hotel in Budapest: http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/Ibis_Centrum_Hotel_Budapest.htm and here's a link for one on the Pest side: http://www.booking.com/hotel/hu/emke.en.html

They are really good hotels.  When I went on HLTA from Bosnia, we traveled all over Europe and tried to stay in Ibis hotels where ever we went.  Usually, they were close to the train stations (we had a Eurorail pass) and they are very much like North American hotels, probably on a par with Comfort Inns.  It's just that a lot of European hotels don't have screens on the windows, etc.  At least with Ibis you knew what you were getting.

Allan Luomala said:
I would avoid expat hangouts (i.e where only N Americans hangout). If you wanted to hangout with drunk N Americans, you could have stayed at home and done that.

Although I agree with this one hundred percent, I had the best pint(s) of Guiness while I was in Budapest.

Maybe it was the lack of having the fine stout for so long, I forgot the taste....

But, Budapest is filled with many Bars and restaraunts, that have phenomenal food and drink.  Not an ugly women to be seen either, those hungarians are firecrackers!

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Not an ugly women to be seen either, those hungarians are firecrackers!

Hmm, i think i know why they were all so good looking...

the 48th regulator said:
Maybe it was the lack of having the fine stout for so long, I forgot the taste....

Could it be that the two are connected somehow?
Haha, no seriously though, i've heard the same thing, that Budapest has a lot of really beautiful women in it. Be interesting to test said theory out.

Hale said:
Could it be that the two are connected somehow?
Haha, no seriously though, i've heard the same thing, that Budapest has a lot of really beautiful women in it. Be interesting to test said theory out.

I'll give you some results for your tests when I get back ;)

Hale said:
Hmm, i think i know why they were all so good looking...
After your effort on Friday nite, you are clearly not to be trusted on this subject!

Teheheheeee!!!

Benny said:
After your effort on Friday nite, you are clearly not to be trusted on this subject!

Thats slander! I'll have you in court.

Goodluck over there Des, have a good trip.

the 48th regulator said:
...  Not an ugly women to be seen either, those hungarians are firecrackers!

On my return from my first trip to eastern Europe in 1988 (pre - Berlin Wall collapse), I was asked what I thought the "commies" were doing behind the Iron Curtain.

My reply, seriously, was "Breeding beautiful women, Sir".

And my more recent trips to the same part of the world have not changed that assessment.

Roy

It's only slander if it's not true Hale!

Maybe I should start a 'Things to do in Tokyo' thread for the stopover on my trip back from Petawawa.

Back