• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Presidency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump says he misspoke during press conference: "I said the word would instead of wouldn’t"
From CNN's Kevin Liptak

President Trump said he returned from Helsinki on Monday and "realized there is some need for clarification" about his remarks on Russian interference in the 2016 election.

"In a key sentence in my remarks I said the word would instead of wouldn’t," Trump said. He explained he reviewed a transcript and video of his remarks.

"The sentence should have been: 'I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia,'" he said. "Sort of a double negative."

"I think that probably clarifies things pretty good on itself," Trump said.

On Monday, Trump said during his press conference "I don't see any reason why it would be" Russia who interfered in the election.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-putin-helsinki/index.html

So Trump's ". . . but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today," really meant nothing?

:brickwall:

:cheers:

RocketRichard said:
'President Donald Trump said Tuesday he accepts the conclusion by U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the U.S. presidential election, marking a rare reversal from comments just a day earlier.'

One
Can't
Make
This
Stuff
Up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-17/trump-says-he-accepts-u-s-finding-russia-meddled-in-election

Trump: "I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there."

He just can't help himself...dear god.

RocketRichard said:
'President Donald Trump said Tuesday he accepts the conclusion by U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the U.S. presidential election, marking a rare reversal from comments just a day earlier.'

One
Can't
Make
This
Stuff
Up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oops. Missed the source. Thanks Altair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder1916 said:
You may think so . . . but, not really.

You don't think there's something wrong with Americans assaulting other Americans for the high crime of wearing a hat they don't like? Or by extention targeting people for harassment or denial of service due to their political affiliations?

Altair said:
REPORTER, AP: President Trump, you first. Just now, President Putin denied having anything to do with the election interference in 2016. Every U.S. intelligence agency has concluded that Russia did. My first question for you sir is, who do you believe? My second question is would you now, with the whole world watching, tell President Putin, would you denounce what happened in 2016 and would you want him to never do it again?

TRUMP: So let me just say that we have two thoughts. You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the server. Why haven't they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee?

I've been wondering that. I've been asking that for months and months and I've been tweeting it out and calling it out on social media. Where is the server? I want to know where is the server and what is the server saying?

With that being said, all I can do is ask the question.

My people came to me, Dan Coates, came to me and some others they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia.

I will say this: I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be. But I really do want to see the server but I have, I have confidence in both parties.

I really believe that this will probably go on for a while but I don't think it can go on without finding out what happened to the server. What happened to the servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC?

Where are those servers? They're missing. Where are they? What happened to Hillary Clinton's emails? 33,000 emails gone, just gone. I think in Russia they wouldn't be gone so easily.

I think it's a disgrace that we can't get Hillary Clinton's thirty three thousand e-mails.

I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer.

He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Ok? Thank you.

Everywhere the current President decided to side with Putin and Russia, over America...in just over minute of a 40 minute press conference.
Turns out adding a n't to it while still saying it could be other people is a really, extraordinarily poor way of doing damage control.

Almost a Sorry, not Sorry.

Also, likely, a blatant lie to go along with his other blatant lies.

Jarnhamar said:
You don't think there's something wrong with Americans assaulting other Americans for the high crime of wearing a hat they don't like? Or by extention targeting people for harassment or denial of service due to their political affiliations?

Ah.  So misdirection then. 

For the record yes. Not sure what it has to do with the current discussion.

Remius said:

misdirection and nevertrumpers is all I've heard from Trump supporters since the summit.

Which is fair,  the presidents performance at the summit is pretty hard to defend,  so attack the credibility of his critics and if that fails, change the topic.

I apologize I didn't realize  misdirection is the new key phrase of the week.

Anything that takes the conversation away from the Trump is horrible mantra is misdirection. Got it now thanks.

Jarnhamar said:
I apologize I didn't realize  misdirection is the new key phrase of the week.

Anything that takes the conversation away from the Trump is horrible mantra is misdirection. Got it now thanks.
When talking about a subject,  in this case,  the Helsinki summit,  and someone quotes that with something completely unrelated, that is misdirection.

If you want to talk about those things, by all means,  go ahead. Just know,  quoting people talking about what the president said in Finland,  and talking about MAGA hats is going to be seen as misdirection

Remius said:

Wait, what? Are you saying physical violence against someone for a hat is ok? If I misread, sorry. If not, well........

Nope. Just me deciding to talk about what I feel like talking about. I don't think I could misdirect you guys away from your omg Trump posts if I had Russian tank pulling in the other direction lol

recceguy said:
Wait, what? Are you saying physical violence against someone for a hat is ok? If I misread, sorry. If not, well........
I think you misread.

Jarnhamar asked if he thought there was anything wrong with physical violence againsg someone wearing a trump hat,  remius said yes.

Jarnhamar said:
Nope. Just me deciding to talk about what I feel like talking about. I don't think I could misdirect you guys away from your omg Trump posts if I had Russian tank pulling in the other direction lol
again,  talk about whatever you wish. There can be multiple conversations going on in the same thread. But why quote people talking about the Helsinki summit if its not to draw that person into another topic,  aka,  misdirection?

Maybe I wanted to start a new subject assuming you could handle multiple conversations and directions. More of a multi direction that misdirection perhaps.

Jarnhamar said:
Maybe I wanted to start a new subject assuming you could handle multiple conversations and directions. More of a multi direction that misdirection perhaps.
I don't think it works that way. If you made a comment about how people were being attacked for being trump supporters and I quoted you and linked something about the Helsinki summit,  you would correct in asking me what in the world that had to do with what you wrote. 

I changed it and that's how it works now. You're welcome  ;)

Also if you quoted me and linked something about the Helsinki summit I think it would be totally obvious so I wouldn't need to ask.

Jarnhamar said:
I changed it and that's how it works now. You're welcome  ;)

Also if you quoted me and linked something about the Helsinki summit I think it would be totally obvious so I wouldn't need to ask.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1K72FL

Although he faced pressure from critics, allied countries and even his own staff to take a tough line, Trump said not a single disparaging word in public about Moscow on any of the issues that have brought relations between the two nuclear powers to the lowest ebb since the Cold War.

Republicans and Democrats accused him of siding with an adversary rather than his own country.

Mainly reading from a prepared statement, Trump said on Tuesday he had complete faith in U.S. intelligence agencies and accepted their conclusions.

But he appeared to veer from his script to also hedge on who was responsible for the election interference.

Reads from a prepared script, blames russia. Goes off script,  says it may not be russia.

The man just needs to never go off script.

Damage limitation.

recceguy said:

No.  For the record I think it’s wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back