• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Thread of What?

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I have created this thread as I did in the Military History Thread with the "Question of the Hour"
This thread is for useless genearal knowledge which may of us have in our pea brain's and the first question is:

How much toxic waste is created in one year by formal burial's in the America?

!0,000 gl. is a good stab at it but the real figure is 827,060 gl.'s of embalming fluid - formadehyde,methanol and ethonol.
All just to make us lokk perty for open viewing.
Rather silly what?

Crematiom put's dioxins,hydrochloric acid,sulfer dioxide and carbon dioxide into the air.

Ech! Thats a lot of fluids!

Dont those fluids replace the bodily fluids?  Bodily fluids dont qualify as 'toxic' but dont bodily fluids qualify as 'hazardous waste'?

Precious%20Fluids.jpg

(Our favorite bodily fluids expert from Dr. Strangelove...)

(Edit - changed image as COBRA-6 pointed out the quote on it was incorrect!)

Spr.Earl said:
!0,000 gl. is a good stab at it but the real figure is 827,060 gl.'s of embalming fluid - formadehyde,methanol and ethonol.
All just to make us lokk perty for open viewing.
Rather silly what?

Crematiom put's dioxins,hydrochloric acid,sulfer dioxide and carbon dioxide into the air.

Alright, I gotta ask. Is that 827 THOUSAND gallons? (There's a comma between the 827 and the 060. I hope to god it's supposed to be 8 HUNDRED and 27 gallons. (Which in itself is a pathetic amount of chemicals)

PS- This thread is like a Seinfeld episode. It isn't about anything .  ;)

Who replaced communist with republican??  ???

I love that movie!

COBRA-6 said:
Who replaced communist with republican??  ???

Probably someone from the other column:

http://www.aboyandhiscomputer.com/Dem_Rep_compare.html

Spr.Earl said:
!0,000 gl. is a good stab at it but the real figure is 827,060 gl.'s of embalming fluid - formadehyde,methanol and ethonol. All just to make us lokk perty for open viewing.

My point is, if 827,060 gallons  of toxic liquids go in, then you would think about the same amount of hazardous waste would come out! (about 3.31 million liters)

Keep in mind that those (bodily) fluids are possibly hazardous to our health, but not to the environment. Humans are biodegradable. :D

Thats why we need to have a company that oeers space burrials, theres nothing of any use up there anyways lol.

Back