• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Northern Lights, have seen queer sights....

They are gorgeous.  I've seen them both in New Brunswick and Ontario.

Too bad that was last night.

Beverley Ann D'Cruz, staff writer

August 3, 2010 — If the skies clear tonight, there's a chance Ontario can catch a glimpse of one of the Wonders of the World - the northern lights.

PMedMoe said:
Too bad that was last night.

Last night *may* have only been the beginning...

"NASA predicts another possible arrival of a second CME tonight, August 4, 2010 which will cause another set of aurora borealis or northern lights. This is another chance for people who were not able to view it last night."

http://www.worldcorrespondents.com/solar-flare-this-august-2010-happens-tonight-aurora-borealis-is-expected/888559

Should've specified that this wasn't a one-off show, there could be another couple nights of it. All depends on just how active that particular sunspot is. Here's to hoping, especially for anyone who missed last night's display.

Seeing them in southern Canada is nothing compared to seeing them while in the north....we used to park 1/2 way to the Churchill airport just to watch them dance for awhile....beautiful.   

Sapplicant said:
Last night *may* have only been the beginning...

Seen.  When I posted that, I was looking for a link stating that exact thing.  :nod:

Posted by: GAP

Seeing them in southern Canada is nothing compared to seeing them while in the north....we used to park 1/2 way to the Churchill airport just to watch them dance for awhile....beautiful.   

And, while watching, seeing a Black Bart go up.

A bunch of beer, Dark Side of The Moon on the ipod, and the best damn outdoor light show ever... no better way to spend an evening out here in the toolies!

It cleared up here earlier in NB.  Then it got cloudy.  Damn.  I was hoping to see them here in Oromoscow!

It was overcast in Kingston last night so I didn't even bother trying.  :-\

Here in Nova Scotia too. Both nights!

It's been sunny sunny sunny for the past few weeks, and then the one time it decides to be cloudy it's at the least opportune time possible.

Typical.

SLIGHT chance there'll be more activity tonight. No promises though.

However, in 7 days, we will be experiencing another kind of nightsky lightshow. On August 12, the Perseid meteor shower will be peaking at 0 dark-hundred in the morning. Any excuse I can find to drag a 12 pack out to the middle of nowheres and lay down looking up all night, hahaha. Hopefully it doesn't get ruined by clouds, like BOTH nights of the N.Lights this week  :rage:

Did anyone here manage to catch a good view of the show, in parts of Canada that weren't clouded over? Pictures??

Back