• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The New Veteran

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
The New Veteran
Published on Apr 8, 2013
A 2013 BCIT Broadcast Journalism short documentary.

Dan Scott was injured in a training accident overseas. He lost parts of his body, suffered through hours of untreated agonizing pain, and lost a friend all in the blink of an eye. He has since recovered, but the scars on his skin, and those within, remain forever.

Matthew Hunt, a young veteran himself, delves into Dan's story, and provides a glimpse into what challenges "new veterans" face in a Canadian society that still doesn't recognize their sacrifice.

Runtime: 10:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I20T-AkGcE4&feature=youtu.be&a

Thank you for sharing that.  That was beautiful (speaking in terms of content and appropriate artistry given to the subject-matter) and eye-opening.  I hope he, as well as all other Veterans, receive the recognition, treatment and compensation they truly deserve.

I was pleasantly surprised by that. The ending specifically. At first I thought it was another 'poor veteran' piece (and I mean no offence by that), but to see at the end that he was laughing, moving on, planning a way forward, was awesome. Good on the two of them for making it. Hope he got top marks in his class for it.

really enjoyed that clip... :salute:

Back