• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The latest twist!

Well, it could always look worse..

I'm not betting the farm on it but I can always hope they decide to give me a good posting within my environment. I would be more than happy to return to Greenwood also if they were to send me there.. best posting my father has had to date.

But I chose a purple trade so yeah.. could end up anywhere. From my standpoint though odds seem to slightly tip towards a favourable posting than something I wouldn't like (wouldn't like being anything in the prairies or northern Ontario)

I've heard some people complain about it but no one has actually ever told me the specifics, or reasons why they hated it there... actually all I've heard about Ottawa aside from the NDHQ complaints was that it was too expensive.

congratulations Steve! I'm still waiting for my call. With luck you will get posted to Esquimalt, Halifax is nice too but Vancouver Island is very beautiful, so is the whole Province! We don't call it beautiful BC for nothing. I was up hiking around Chilliwack and if I knew how to upload pics to here I'd show you some of just why we call it that!

NavComm said:
We don't call it beautiful BC for nothing.

Beautiful BC..........Beautiful....Bring Cash !

Chilliwack is gorgeous...wish the base was still open

To be honest, despite the high price of ... everything there, I would be ecstatic if I got posted to BC. Just seems like there is so much life and vibrance out there

Steve said:
To be honest, despite the high price of ... everything there, I would be ecstatic if I got posted to BC. Just seems like there is so much life and vibrance out there

It's expensive here? LOL I guess it is, but if you are the outdoorsy type there are still plenty of places to camp or hike for free. Get yourself one of those back roads maps and you will find lots to do! As long as you don't plan on taking in every concert and movie you should be able to manage quite well. I'll keep my fingers crossed you get to Esquimalt!

Would you mind not hijacking my topic and ask him in PM

SeanPaul_031 said:
Doesnt the RCR have a base in Wrainwright BC?

First off, Wainwright is in Alberta.

Second of all, the RCR is located in Eastern Canada (although they will have pers attached to the CMTC in Wainwright)

Read through this thread to learn about the different regiments of the Infantry Corps:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25214.0.html

Other than that, back to Steve's original programming.

Actually in retrospect I remembered I have something to add to my programming:

Called Tuesday to CFRC/WPG looking for my recruiter .. out of town. Yipee. My father suggested I just call the freakin secretary .. with nothing to lose I called her and found out my file is actually there in Winnipeg. Confused, I asked why no one has told me anything and if there was any offer in it.

She gave me "you should hear something ... about two or three weeks" I nearly lost it, but remained calm and said "look I'm pretty tired of hearing two to three weeks, now I know this isn't your fault but you guys have been running me around for quite some time now. How come I have no heard one shred of information from you all since February? Even if there is nothing to tell me, why not call sometimes and just let me know you haven't forgotten me?"

She thought for a moment and I heard some typing and she said "Well, it looks like we did call a few days ago." Now I'm on the verge of beating myself to death with the phone.. I told her, that I said to them many times I work from 1400-2200hrs and I listed my work number to call if I was not reachable at home I asked why they never called my work - or better yet, left a freakin message on my phone! She said she wasn't sure why no one left a message ... fair enough, she isn't in charge but I would like to know who has been calling me and why no messages were left.

I asked her then, instead of waiting for another call why not just take care of business now while I'm here? Well, that was another dead end. She couldn't do it or get anyone around to either ..... fair enough again I guess but this is getting over the top ridiculous. I made a point to tell her to tell all the Corporals who give these calls to call my home, leave a message, and then give a call to my work (which you think would be SOP anyhow but I guess I was mistaken).

I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow again and hopefully find someone more in the know and find out exactly wtf is up and what's going on here. I'm half tempted to drive into Winnipeg and search the RC myself for my file and someone to do something for me. Seems like I'm the one kicking them in the ass to get them to do anything here so why stop now?

I'll get into the MF'ing military no matter how many blunders or BS they feel like putting me through. We'll see what happens tomorrow I guess.

Steve, you are the most tenacious clerk I've ever heard of, hope you could be like that with my pay someday.  ;D Just keep plugging my man, just keep plugging!

Steve I hope you have better luck than I'm having! I don't know if I should phone again or just say 'forget it'. By the time they get around to calling me I won't be able to go because they've left it too late for this year. I have to take my vacation, I can't carry it over and I can't cancel it because a replacement has been scheduled. My boss has agreed to leave the 'military leave' portion of the 10 weeks as tentative but my vacation is not 'tentative'. So that means if I am in, I won't be able to do my bmq until next April.

Damn man, don't give up until you absolutely 110% have to .. You should be calling them like every 2 days.. Sounds like you need to pressure them even more than I have been. Don't say forget it though, call them, mail them, email your recruiters .. anything, make yourself appear under all mediums so they can't miss you!

I just called the unit again. She says that as soon as she gets my file back she will call me. I guess everything is still backed up at Borden.

Back