• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Khadr Thread

I'm guessing the Phoenix pay system is still a mess and employees are still owed thousands of dollars.

My pay and the pay the pay of a bunch of other people I know is messed up and not reflecting our new pay raise.

Any guesses on whether or not Khadr's pay was messed up?

Jarnhamar said:
Any guesses on whether or not Khadr's pay was messed up?

What?  Are you some kind of monster?  The poor wee lad has suffered enough...

:sarcasm:

jmt18325 said:
Your 2 cents are worth about that much.  The Supreme Court has already ruled.

On this forum 2 cents x 26 years of service goes farther than you might think chief.

jmt18325 said:
Your 2 cents are worth about that much.  The Supreme Court has already ruled.

A little bit snarky aren't we? Everyone can have an opinion even if you don't agree. You've been preaching that so practice it.

In the end our illustrious PM vastly miscalculated the public reaction from this. A large majority of Canadians don't feel financial prudence trumps morals.

People will argue the laws make it so, and have nothing to do with morals. Which is true at the present. But eventually given enough public pressure Laws can and will be changed (unfortunately not retroactive).

Right vs wrong should never be about saving a few bucks.

Jarnhamar said:
On this forum 2 cents x 26 years of service goes farther than you might think chief.

Unless those 26 years of service were in the JAG branch or as a member of the supreme court than they really dont

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Unless those 26 years of service were in the JAG branch or as a member of the supreme court than they really dont

Well they mean more to me and my eyes and ears are my universe. 

Humphrey Bogart said:
Stop taking shots at each other and stay on topic.
You're right I'll stick to milpoints.

Edit oops.

Jarnhamar said:

I fail to see what kind of legal insight being a soldier would bring you.

Hamish Seggie said:
A little bit snarky aren't we? Everyone can have an opinion even if you don't agree. You've been preaching that so practice it.

Everyone can have an opinion.  Opinions that contradict facts are something else.

jmt18325 said:

Honestly it had more to do with you being a civilian with zero interest in serving in uniform who's becoming more and more snarky with your posts (in my opinion).
Yes you're a smart articulate dude who makes some really astute observations and points in your time on the forum but at the same time you're attitude seems to be taking a shitty dive. But that's off topic. And I'm not very smrt.

Jarnhamar said:
Honestly it had more to do with you being a civilian with zero interest in serving in uniform who's becoming more and more snarky with your posts (in my opinion).

It's probably because every single post in response to me (no matter what I happen to be talking about) gets the above response.  This issue has nothing to do with my interest in serving in uniform.  I happen to have a great deal of general knowledge in this area, because the study of the law and government has been my hobby for more than half of my life.  So yes, I sometimes get snarky.  It's not intentional, and it's not meant to offend, and I apologize for that.

Like you said, we're off topic.

jmt18325 said:
Everyone can have an opinion.  Opinions that contradict facts are something else.

And that's your opinion.

One thing is true though, don't expect to come on a pro military forum where the majority of people either want to serve or have served, and question the value of someones service and have posters here to let that slide.

Respect can be earned in my book, and 26 years of service is a hell of a lot of earning. But with that said, I actually do value having a counter argument here, while I don't agree with your viewpoint on this topic. All debates need counters.

jmt18325 said:

See if you have served you will see how stupid this statement is. Soldiers are trained in a lot more then to point a gun down range. Legal training, especially international laws are very much a part of every soldiers training. In fact outside of trade specific training, we spend a large part of our training time on rules and regulations, both internal and external.

jmt18325 said:

If you know anything about the military you would know we do study military law. Not to the extent of FJAG but we have to know how the laws apply to the CAF.

Right, time for a cooling off period.

And when this gets opened back up, the shots at one another stop.

OK, I am going to open this back up.

Knock off the shots at one another. Last friendly reminder.

Back