• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Decline and Fall of the American Empire?

Well there is the weeks "stupidest reply award".....lets see, you KNOW nobody in Canada celebrated?....you KNOW that things were not said on Canadian shows? [ I've seen a couple].... it was the planes that were targeted[ read the question before answering].....and yea,whatever that last one meant...

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Well there is the weeks "stupidest reply award".....lets see, you KNOW nobody in Canada celebrated?....you KNOW that things were not said on Canadian shows? [ I've seen a couple].... it was the planes that were targeted[ read the question before answering].....and yea,whatever that last one meant...
Well, if I've gotten the people I'm arguing against to resort to childish name-calling, I guess my points must have been irrefutable.  Let's go over them again:

I KNOW that there wasn't "celebrating in the streets" in Canada.

I KNOW that whatever "recriminations" appeared in Canadian television represented a radical fringe that was every bit as active on US television.

I KNOW that "tell that to the children on the airplane that were targeted" is a disingenuous attempt to turn away a perfectly legitimate argument by trying to evoke to a "won't somebody please think of the children" response (read the article I was responding to before answering).

I KNOW that the invective-filled rant I was responding to is typical of the sort of b*llsh*t streaming from FOX into the minds of millions of Americans a day.

If you want to find a stupidest reply of the week, I think you should take a closer look at your own.

recriminations on CDN talk shows

THEN Umm, no.
NOW I KNOW that whatever "recriminations" appeared in Canadian television represented a radical fringe that was every bit as active on US television.

Sucking and blowing???

Quote,
I KNOW that "tell that to the children on the airplane that were targeted" is a disingenuous attempt to turn away a perfectly legitimate argument by trying to evoke to a "won't somebody please think of the children" response (read the article I was responding to before answering).

Sorry, you are right. I should have said to try and understand what was written before you reply.
Once again, slowly, were there children on the airplanes [4]that were targetted?

Bruce Monkhouse said:
THEN Umm, no.
NOW I KNOW that whatever "recriminations" appeared in Canadian television represented a radical fringe that was every bit as active on US television.
Sucking and blowing???
I admit that I may have sacrificed clarity for punchiness in my original response.  It doesn't change the fact that Mr Baker was trying to villianize Canadians (painting us with a very broad, tar-laden brush) for things his own countrymen were doing.

Most Americans don't have a real view of the world, They think money buys all. I have 2 muslums in my troop. Both are very good soldiers and have seen the US at work in Saudi. MONEY MONEY. Americans force their views, not suggest. 

Quote,
and have seen the US at work in Saudi

Well then I'm sure they gave examples of their "work", could you please enlighten me as to what the US could possibly buy there that the House of Saud couldn't????

Most Americans don't have a real view of the world, They think money buys all

Amazing....            "Deliverance, eh"

Recce41 said:
Most Americans don't have a real view of the world

::)

Well it's a good thing we Canadians are so much wiser.   Shining examples of genius such as yourself should be held out for the world to see!   Make us proud!

S_Baker said:
Those kind of comments get my blood boiling, so here goes, I could give a rat's *** what the Arab street thinks about me, my culture, my country, and here is why.....  

After SEP 11 there were celebrations in the street through out the Arab world (supposedly in Canada too),

Sorry. I was IN the "Arab World" on Sept 11. There was almost no celebration in the streets (mainly confined to the Palestinian areas). Quite the contrary, believe it or not.

What the Arab "Street" thinks about is important. Unless, of course, the actions of the US are exactly what the AQ propagandists have claimed.

Acorn

"Most Americans don't have a real view of the world, They think money buys all. I have 2 muslums in my troop. Both are very good soldiers and have seen the US at work in Saudi. MONEY MONEY. Americans force their views, not suggest."

- Not a very balanced view when talking about an entire nationality.  If you substituted 'Somalis', 'Jamaicans" or 'Sri Lankans" for Americans in your statement, a lot of the knee-jerk hair-trigger liberalists on this site would cry "Racism!" and let loose the dogs of disgust.

Tom

48th
I from just 2 miles from the US, have served with US forces and most don't understand the rest of the world as other countries, do. Yes we have our own bubble people (Toronto) HAHA. As for your 24 yrs of life, you must have seen it all.

I dunno recce41.  48th doesn't seem far off the mark to me.

I've lived in the States.  I've worked in the States for longer.  I've lived in or done business in every province in Canada, including Quebec.  I've visited Europe numerous times, I've worked with Europeans, I've worked in Europe, I was born there and I am six years older than you.

On the other hand there are a bunch of youngsters on this site that regularly run rings around me.

I don't know what any of that means.

Cheers Warrant.

Recce41 said:
48th
I from just 2 miles from the US, have served with US forces and most don't understand the rest of the world as other countries, do. Yes we have our own bubble people (Toronto) HAHA. As for your 24 yrs of life, you must have seen it all.

You know, being old is no excuse for mindless hatred of others.  I don't particulary care if youre 12 or 120, making discriminatory or offensive statements based on race, sex, religion, or ethnic origin, is not acceptable.

For the record I've worked with Yanks on many occasions, including ones from the southern states (yes, the stereotypical hicks).  While some may seem slow at first, there's very little difference between them and us.  Don't let the accent fool you.

Kirkhill
Old farts are here for one thing. To Get older and die. I have a lot of yng soldiers getting in that are so smart their stupid. They have a degree or two but cannot use a damn screwdriver.
I'm not knocking them all, I have a history one.

Old farts are here for one thing. To Get older and die.

I am hoping to postpone that for a while. I am still finding pleasure in being able to create my own farts.....development arrested at 5 years old ;D

I have a lot of yng soldiers getting in that are so smart their stupid. They have a degree or two but cannot use a darn screwdriver.

I've met a couple of them along the way too.

Cheers.

Back