• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Best Steak

paracowboy said:
I do believe he's trying for "Supercilious". 

Does he mean the recipe looked to be super-delicious?
Or does he mean we are too haughty?

Oi vey and I thought I had some very good posts in my time here...

dileas

tess

Well - I don't know if anyone is interested in Phoenix, but... here it goes..

Ruth's Chris - best I've had, bring your piggy bank

Monti's La Casa Vieja (Tempe) - Best steak for the money, downtown Tempe is nice too

Durant's - Good steak, neat ambience, enter through the kitchen

best streak ever is one cooked by me, no bbq sauce, cooked on a super hot gril, with all the trimmings, the hotter the grill the better, seals in the favour and you taste the meat not the sauce.

maybe this site needs a bbq contest.
do the contest by zones, each base plus or minus a few 100 kms and the best goes on to the next level?

When I do steaks I do use a hot grill, not maxed, but pretty hot, maybe 400. I make sure it has ample time to preheat then scrub her down real good. Just before throwing the steaks on I'll give 'er a quick dab of olive oil on the cooking surface. This ensures that the steak won't stick and also helps the "looks" of your steak by giving the meat the grilled look a bit easier.

Only during the last few minutes of cooking will I add sauce, usually Whiskey based (Have we been over this before?)

Do not kill the meat with sauce, it should be a subtle compliment, not an overpowering add on - same goes for spices.

1.  What was that Steak House that flew their staff into KAF in 2002?  That was a good steak.
2.  Hy's in Guam.
3.  Some hotel in A-dam my wife and I stayed in , 1992, serial numbered each steak and gave you a certificate at the end of the meal.
4.  Diego Garcia, Summer 2002, Steak BBQ for the first C-5B of Canadians out of KAF.

Tom

Finally ate the bison steaks today, they were brilliant!  Thanks for all the advice.  I'm going to try the Jack Daniels marinade next!  We ate them and had a drink to remember the landings on San Carlos Waters in the Falklands 24 years ago.

Whoa, whoa, BBJ.

The Jack Daniels recipe I offered up IS NOT a marinade. Instead it is a mop sauce used at the tail end of smoking a larger piece of beef. I'm not sure if it would work as a marinade as the thought has never crossed my mind. Although I am sure some simple Google work could find an answer for you.

Sorry, I just didn't want any disappointment if the mop sauce didn't work as a marinade.

When I get my little scratch book back from a friend I shall post a recipe for Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. Simply the best one I have tried yet and pretty near dummy proof.

Ok, it just sounded sooo good, that i thought that I'd give it a go.  I'm going to try it with a piece of steak on Monday, I'll let you know the results.

Sure, as long as I am absolved of any blame for ruining a steak, that would be in very bad form!

Scott said:
Sure, as long as I am absolved of any blame for ruining a steak, that would be in very bad form!

You are totally in the clear, this is my experiment.

My favorite is a steak I make on my BBQ with my secret marinade....mmmmmmmm yummy!

Next to that is the restaurant at the 108 mile resort.  Fantastic!!!!!!

The Keg isn't too bad either.

Whoa, whoa, BBJ.

The Jack Daniels recipe I offered up IS NOT a marinade. Instead it is a mop sauce used at the tail end of smoking a larger piece of beef. I'm not sure if it would work as a marinade as the thought has never crossed my mind. Although I am sure some simple Google work could find an answer for you.

No worries,  have tried the exact type of marinade and it has work mucho phenomenal!  Marinate....pat dry...allow steak to sit on cuttin board for 1 hour....massage olive on steak...then grill....on high heat pre heated grill....

Pint in hand and tongs in other...

dileas

I think the best steak is the one you shoot yourself lol.Moose rocks!!I hate restaurant steaks cause they are too small.But I still love beef! nothing beats BBQ, Kraft's honeybrown sauce and of course
Pint in hand and tongs in other
GO OILERS GO!

the 48th regulator said:
No worries,  have tried the exact type of marinade and it has work mucho phenomenal!  Marinate....pat dry...allow steak to sit on cuttin board for 1 hour....massage olive on steak...then grill....on high heat pre heated grill....

Pint in hand and tongs in other...

dileas

Copy

Any recipe using a liquor as a major ingredient can almost never be a bad thing. Im gonna have to try that JD recipe sometime soon.

BBJ, glad it worked for you.

I just got me a 6 lb beef brisket to smoke on Thursday or Friday. Can't wait.

Used the secret recipe for hamburgers last night and had leftovers at work today. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back