• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The answer

Remedy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone, thank you for taking your time to read this. I have a question about the application process. I have went through most of the hurdles like the CFAT, interview and medical. I had a bit of a problem with my medical due to my medical history, lets just say i was a walking band aid during high school because i played every sport imaginable, and kept playing through my injuries.. The medical officer told me to get an approval letter from doctors to clear me of my previous injuries to see if they will be a problem in the future. I got cleared by the doctors and got the required forms to be filled out by them and sent it to the CFRC. The medical staff told me they will ship them to Ottawa to be reviewed and clear by people there. So my question is how will i get the answer weather if i got accepted or not? will they reach me by mail or phone call? i called the CFRC today for the status of my application, they told me my papers reached Ottawa on the 21st so I'm guessing i am getting an answer soon.
Thank you again for your time, and your answers.

Keep in contact with the medical cell of the recruiting center. I was in a similar situation as you, highschool and university athlete with lots of injuries including some surgeries. From the time my medical file was sent to the Recruit Medical Officer(RMO) in Ottawa, till the time it came back cleared was about a week. From what I have read on here it can take anywhere from a week to a month on average.

I believe from what I have been told no news is good news. Just call every week and ask if your file has been returned.

It took a month for my medical to clear, and I had heart cirgury few years back. If your doctor give you the ok, most likely the RMO will clear you as well, it just take time. Don't forget there is not time frame with the military. Good luck with your process.

Back