• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sunglass recommendations?

the Oakley government program is good to go. While on TF 1-06 I ordered about $2000 worth of merchandise for me and the guys in my pl, no issues. The only issue that we have here in Canada is that the Oakley government program will not ship to Canada, only in the US or to an APO address. To get around this just have it mailed to someone you know in the states and then have them forward it on to you.

All of the glasses that they offer through the government sales program are fairly uniform compliant. They have subdued frames (no silver oakley symbols etc) and for the most part non mirror lens. Here is the link, you will have to register and provide them (oakley) with a copy of your mil id.

www.usstandardissue.com

Mil pers can get very good deals on the Oakley SI line through Amron International. I think my XX's cost about $60US, I shipped them to a buddy's US address and he mailed them to me. Amron had great customer service, making a few calls to Oakley for me about model availability and cost.

Oakley Canada government program:

Email pvrouvides@Oakley.com and ask about the program, he'll send you everything you need. It's not anywhere near everything Oakley carries, mainly just their more conservative frames and lenses. It also doesn't cover as much as the US program appears to (from a short browse through their website). It's a new program as of last year though where you don't have to order 5 items to get the discount, now they have two levels of discount depending on how many items you buy. It's worth buying an extra case or set of lenses for your half-jackets to bump yourself into the higher discount range though.

I already posted this in the military discounts forum but it seemed appropriate to the subject.

Since LCD screens work by polarizing light, polarizing lenses can filter out a lot of the light you see. Try changing the angle between the glasses and whatever it is you're looking at.

Back