• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Summer BMQ (Recruitment)

Crisco

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I tried enlisting about a year ago and was denied due to asthma, so i went through all the pulminary functions tests and turns out I've been cleared yay me. I went back to enroll at about Aprils time and I had a doctor push my application fast pace to try and get me into the Summer Bmq at Meaford the second one at July 23rd, but the thing is i still gotta do my interview, I was just wondering if theres still a chance I can make it or will the security clearance take to long, and if I don't make it, will i still be able to do like parade squares over the summer for some pocket cash untill Spring BMQ comes along. Any info would be great ty.

Im not really sure, from what I know they are now giving out BMQ dates for end of August and Sept.  I hope you get in soon.  :)

I'm on the meaford BMQ course, and it's full. I doubt you'll be loaded on this summer. Things could change, however.

If you get into your unit soon, then yes, you will be going to your unit probably once a week for a few hours to do some random stuff like fall in on the parade line for inspection [usually done by a Cpl or a Sgt]. You usually are on the parade line twice - once when you get there, and another time for dismissal.

Good Luck.

KrissyJ said:
Im not really sure, from what I know they are now giving out BMQ dates for end of August and Sept.  I hope you get in soon.  :)

He is talking about the reserves not the Reg F.

Crisco said:
Hey, I tried enlisting about a year ago and was denied due to asthma, so i went through all the pulminary functions tests and turns out I've been cleared yay me. I went back to enroll at about Aprils time and I had a doctor push my application fast pace to try and get me into the Summer Bmq at Meaford the second one at July 23rd, but the thing is i still gotta do my interview, I was just wondering if theres still a chance I can make it or will the security clearance take to long, and if I don't make it, will i still be able to do like parade squares over the summer for some pocket cash untill Spring BMQ comes along. Any info would be great ty.

If it is the Reserve BMQ you are talking about, and  are not able to be loaded on, you will probably not be able to go to parade nights with the Regiment you are trying to get into because most units are in "stand down" for the summer. However, they may have some GD (general duties) you can inquire about.
Good Luck

Alright great, because I really could use any type of employment for the summer. :) Thanks for the help.

~bump

Edit: Ignore my post above. I'm now on the connaught bmq course commencing on aug 2nd.

Ninja Edit: You have a good chance of being a part of parade nights during the summer if you're not on course. Although, it might take place every 2 weeks as apposed to the regular 'once a week' type of deal.

Super Ninja Edit: I know this because a few guys at my unit were sworn in just recently and they're not on the summer bmq / sq courses, yet they still are permitted to come to the unit in accordance with the training schedule our Cpl so kindly emailed to us.

God Speed.

Thanks for the help. It's been 3 weeks since my interview so I contacted my recruited and they said their gonna tell me either today or Monday wether or not they were able to slip me into a summer BMQ or if I'll be doing fall. They said chances are always 50/50 due to last minute dropouts. :D:)

Back