• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Subsidized University plan question

• Thread starter Thread starter montrealer
  • Start date Start date
M

montrealer

I need advice about the Subsidized University Entrance Plan.

I have at least 2 more years left in Software Engineering. Afterwards I want to sign up as a Signals or Air Control officer.

please tell me anything you know about SUED.
How long does the whole thing take, what are they looking for, what career paths are good with my diploma.

Your best bet is to go talk to a Recruiter, they have the most current information on programs and open trades.

Good day montrealer,

My career began in my second year of mechanical engineering, similar to your situation. I will quickly run through my knowledge of the system keeping in mind things can change in a hurry.

You are faced with two options: Complete your degree and follow the Direct Entry Officer program and perhaps be eligible for a $40,000 signing bonus. Or, sign-up now and follow the Registered Officer Training Program, have your remaining two years subsidized and be put on payroll. This also accelerates your career by allowing you to train during the summer or co-op work terms.

This serves as a good primer and I would welcome some more pointed questions once you have read this over.

Best Regards

Back