• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Storing Fire Arms During ROTP

Josh_Robertson

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am currently going through the process of applying to ROTP, however I have my restricted firearms license and own two rifles, a shotgun and a handgun. No one I know has their restricted license that can store the handgun for me and I think it would be a safe bet to guess there's no way in hell I would be allowed to bring any of those with me while on course/at school? Will the military store them for me or have any of you experienced a similar situation?

Thanks in advance, Josh

Your best bet would be to store them with a firearms dealer. A number of dealers offer this service for a fee. This is what I do whenever I am out of station for an extended period. The dealer I leave my guns with charges me at the rate of a dollar a day per gun.

Allgunzblazing said:
The dealer I leave my guns with charges me at the rate of a dollar a day per gun.

That is pretty reasonable, I live in small town BC though so the closest dealer is Vancouver. That's still an option though.

I read somewhere that the Military will store personal belongings while you're doing BMQ ect. but that probably doesn't include firearms?

You could try International Shooting Supplies in Surrey. I trust these guys with my guns. Mind you, its been about two years since I last used their services.

As for the CF paying the storage fee, I had read the same thing on the Forces website. I don't know if that will extend to firearms.

Try reading this topic:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/98225/post-1003423.html#msg1003423

It is not like this has not been asked before, and it has.  There are also a couple of other topics that cover similar questions.

Years past at Borden the MP's stored personal firearms at the Base supply lockup. you could draw them Monday to Friday 8am to 3pm. no drawing them during the weekend, if you were shooting on sat sun you had to grab them Fri. and find a place for them over the weekend as it was a no no to keep them in the shacks over night.

Back