• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Stargate (the tv show): The Canadian Version!

Why not have it housed in CFS Alert?

It's far away from society (in case something nasty comes through), it has a steady supply of scientists and researchers going in, and really... what's it for?  The Russians?  Pshaw.  This could also allow Alert to serve as a blind for the operation as which politician in his right mind is going to make a PR trip to where there is no P to R with?

How'd it get there?  Pretend that way back in the day, it sat directly above where the magnetic north was.  This particular gate would be a precursor to the current ones, meaning it is simpler and therefore easier to RE.  This could also be one of the first gates to arrive on Earth and could be used by scientists to ascertain how the gates were transported in the first place.

Who's in charge?  Come on, this is Canada.  At least eight generals.

Careful about them political folks; one can never be too sure what they'll do. The MND visited us way up there in that little Station-under-the-hole-in-the-ozone-layer during my time there ...  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Careful about them political folks; one can never be too sure what they'll do. The MND visited us way up there in that little Station-under-the-hole-in-the-ozone-layer during my time there ...  ;)

He was checking up on his secret investment.

Shamrock said:
He was checking up on his secret investment.

No doubt. We did take him to Hat Night ... Bwahahahaha ...  >:D

And, there were no tinfoil hats to be seen - just want to clarify that little tidbit.

Thanks again for the ideas everyone! I was talking to a friend about this and he suggested "What about that movie MiB where they created front companies to sell the 'new' technology?"

That seems like it could work. I'm thinking that I may go with saying that the base is actually in some still secret bunker somewhere and is still located near a large army base, so it would somehow have a legitimate veneer and no one would suspect anything... Yet if the army needs to be deployed it is there.

don't give the Gov't any ideas.....
Sell technologies?... Yikes!

Or it could be deep into the Sudbury mines where they government is researching neutrino's (big money sunk into that project)  ;)

Or it could be deep in the mines in Manitoba where the government is now growing medical grade marijuana? (excuse to sink money into the project).

As for a base CO? A sensitive project like this must be at least a Brigadier General/Commodor. As others have mentioned, draw the forces for all levels, all ranks, all trades.

How about the old mines (potash?) in Sask (?) where the Cdn Gov't is growing that medical Marijuana
Almost seems apropos - if ya know what I mean....

Back