• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Some Motivation

Scoobie Newbie

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about "how hard it is;" he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?

He can train all he wants.  I have the drive and the will to prevail and win.  Even if he bests me I will go down knowing I made a difference.

Sweet post CFL!

I am going to print that out and put it on my desk.

I can't actually take credit for anything other then having the inclination of posting it here.

This is something the True Believer can believe in... once he embarks on a path of terror, at some time and some place, not of his own choosing, probably when he least expects it, preferably in the middle of a moonless night, his door will explode and he will have an arranged meeting with his Maker courtesy of a tired, hard, trained Soldier with a cammed face.  :threat: The bad news is his Maker will not be very happy with him either. :rage: :salute:

Great Post CFL,

somthing to keep in mind next week when  I'am doing at St. Jean

:army:

True believer or not, the faster her runs the more he pushes himself the more tired he is when he dies

Reminds me of Apocalypse Now, "The longer Charlie squats in the bush, he grows stronger. The longer I sit in this room, I grow weaker"

talk is cheap, troops. You want to beat the True Believer, you'd best become one. You better have something you believe in, a faith in something greater than yourself, a devotion and fidelity that will carry you through. I don't care what it is, Patriotism, Religion, Duty, Personal Honour, but you better have something that will cause you to drive yourself past the self-imposed, imagined limitations you have.

Find your Cause, become a True Believer.
Never quit, and you can never be defeated.
Only slain.

Back