• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldiers returning from Afghanistan bringing home superbug

ruckmarch

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Soldiers returning from Afghanistan bringing home superbug

By Andy Blatchford (CP) – 56 minutes ago

MONTREAL — Canadian soldiers are bringing home from dusty Afghanistan a powerful, drug-resistant superbug that health officials have been worrying about for several years.

Three Canadian soldiers who recently returned from Kandahar carrying so-called "Iraqibacter" are under quarantine at a civilian hospital in Quebec City.

Two civilian patients who came in close contact with the soldiers at Hopital de l'Enfant-Jesus have also been isolated for fear they may have contracted the superbug officially named Acinetobacter baumannii.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g2Jia9Lu7ynGJqfhyCobPUavfdYQ

Sorry, thsi is a bitof topic.

Pmedmoe, if you don't mind me asking of course if your not a medtech what are you ? :P

brandon_ said:
Sorry, thsi is a bitof topic.

Pmedmoe, if you don't mind me asking of course if your not a medtech what are you ? :P

A medtech wannabe?

ruckmarch said:
A medtech wannabe?

Whoa,

Well,  someone will be getting an electronic kick in the junk for that one.....

You are one presumptuous little fellow aren't you?  Finished the summer tasking, now all big and mouthy.

Ah well, I will let Moe rip you a new one.

dileas

tess

ruckmarch said:
A medtech wannabe?

Ummm, no, a Med Tech don't wannabe.

_brandon, I am a Preventive Medicine Tech.  It is part of the medical branch and you have to be a Med Tech before you can OT.  We deal with public and occupational health.

the 48th regulator said:
Ah well, I will let Moe rip you a new one.

Not necessary, tess, I could care less.  (Hey, I'm a poet and don't know it!  ;D )

Maybe as a Mod you could merge the applicable part of this thread to the other one I linked to?

Nah,

I will move this to radio chatter, as an example when dimwits don't use the search function, and lip off when told they screwed up....

dileas

tess

PMedMoe said:
I am a Preventive Medicine Tech.  It is part of the medical branch and you have to be a Med Tech before you can OT.  We deal with public and occupational health.

Ah that clears things up, Ever since i joined ( this site) I have always wondered. 
:salute:  That seems quite important, and an interesting job.

the 48th regulator said:
Nah,

I will move this to radio chatter, as an example when dimwits don't use the search function, and lip off when told they screwed up....

dileas

tess

I wasn't lipping off, just teasing Moe.

She gives as good as she gets.

the 48th regulator said:
Alright, alright.....

RuckMarch did use the smiley....

My bad....

:piper: :piper: :piper:

:dileas:

A pint of Guinness and some Haggis for you me lad Tessa  ;D

I also have fried mars bar if need be  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Well, there you go.  Use the smileys!!  ;)

Hey Moe....Look what I found

_1050387.jpg

Dang,

me too, the bodywork is phenomenal, with a great work in the bumper.

The car in the front is in the way though.....

dileas

tess

Some other interesting body works from the same car cruise show from yesterday

_1050368.jpg

_1050386.jpg

_1050408.jpg

_1050413.jpg

_1050412.jpg

_1050416.jpg

These are sweet,

Where was the show mate?

Man, it has been a while since I have been out to a good car show.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Man, it has been a while since I have been out to a good car show.

Maybe this will tide you over until then, Tess:
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/index.shtml

Back