• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Slightly confused, question for a recruiting person

goingback

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm in the process of re-enrolling in the CF I have my interview and medical scheduled for the 21st of Feb. I was told I would have to re write the aptitude test as my scores from before did not qualify me for what I was applying for. I was previously a Armoured crewman in the Regs and reserve and I am now applying for Armoured crewman. Have the requirements for the CFAT changed that much since 89?

goingback said:
Have the requirements for the CFAT changed that much since 89?

I can't tell you if the requirements have changed.  But I can tell you that the CFAT itself has changed, alot.  I did my original one in '91 and had to redo it last year for my transfer.  Gone are the days of using a pencil to fill in the bubble of the correct answer, or identifying the different parts of an engine in a drawing.  It is all computerized now.  If you search "CFAT" here on the boards, you will find lots of information on it, as well as links to sites that have similar tests that you can use as practice.  Good luck.

I know that the Test has changed, it just confused me that the scores that previously qualified me as a crewman no longer do.

It is likely that with the restructuring of the test the recruiting system has also reevaluated the scores needed for any number of trades.  Any such changes would invalidate scores based on the old tests.

goingback said:
I know that the Test has changed, it just confused me that the scores that previously qualified me as a crewman no longer do.

Did you not say you changed Trades?  You will have to do the CFAT if you change Trades.  You are caught up in that technicality.

Nope was a Crewman going back as a Crewman.
Thanks very much for the input all it was just a bit confusing to me. I figured I would be doing the test that was never a problem it was just strange to be told I didn't qualify to do what I use to do. Been out 15 years need to relearn everything anyway

I'm working a file similar to yours and used the GC scores (pre CFAT) from the early 90's. Just had to get the PSO to convert them. Maybe the clerks aren't aware that can be done. Strongly suggest you use the Gov't Cda practise aptitude test www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ppc/gct2_info_e.htm#top  before taking the CFAT. The better you do the more options you have. Best of luck.

You were Regs in '89 and then went Reserves at some point if I understand here.

How long has it been since you "released"?

Asking that question because I know someone who was Reserve Armd...who went Reg Armd...then went Reserve Armd again...was out for....less than 2 years...and just went back to Reg Armd again...he didn't do the CFAT, and went DE into the Corps as MCpl.

I am sure that part of the equation here is how long you have been out of the CF.

Was reserve Med "A" Went Reg armour back to Res armour but I've been out around 15 years. It doesn't really bother me to start over again in fact I would prefer it I'm sure I have forgot a ton of stuff getting old and all LOL. I just thought it was strange to be told that my scores didn't qualify me anymore and was wondering how much it had changed was all.

Its changed lots.

;D

Good luck on the CFAT!

If you have been out 15 give or take...I am sorry to say you are back into the breech.  Good luck!

"Through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond."

What inspired you to rejoin?  Im have my testing on the 20th, im 23 and this is the first time trying to join(as armoured).  My only problem I suspect is going to be the math, I suck at doing math in my head, and on paper(curse the guy who invented the calculator!).

Decided to rejoin because I left for the wrong reasons the first time (Read woman)and have kicked my own butt everyday since. I seriously miss it and really hope I get back in. Good Luck with your App.

Back