• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Should I wait a year?

Statik said:
Because if I couldn't be in the army/infantry for whatever reason, my second choice would be a heavy mechanic. But if I had to have a first pick, it would be infantry. Heavy mechanics is kind of like a second choice/fall back plan.

You said "if I apply and get accepted as infantry soldier in the regular forces". Your talking about a completely different scenario now. If you get accepted, like you said before, you would not need an education in heavy mechanics. If you didn't get accepted, like you just said  ::), then you should look into post secondary education.

SeR said:
You said "if I apply and get accepted as infantry soldier in the regular forces". Your talking about a completely different scenario now. If you get accepted, like you said before, you would not need an education in heavy mechanics. If you didn't get accepted, like you just said  ::), then you should look into post secondary education.

What I mean, is IF I get accepted, I probably won't take post secondary (at least right away) as I will be working in the army full time. If for some reason I DON'T get accepted, I will most likely get an education (i.e. heavy mechanics) while I wait to try again.

Is that better? Haha. Sorry for any confusion. :P

What are you asking then? It sounds like you answered your own question.

krimynal said:
oh thanks alot for the info ! at least now I'll know , always kinda assumed that it was like a SAR team where you pretty much always have a mechanic alongside the heli ... in case something happens !

There is no "mechanic" on the crew. There is a Flight Engineer, who can do some stuff. Guaranteed, though, is that parts, tools, and other techs will need to be flown in if anything breaks.

I was asking if I should wait a year before applying, but that got answered, and then it somewhat turned into should I seek an education while in the regular force and I kind of answered that question in the above post. So I don't really have a question anymore as it's been answered. :)

Loachman said:
There is no "mechanic" on the crew. There is a Flight Engineer, who can do some stuff. Guaranteed, though, is that parts, tools, and other techs will need to be flown in if anything breaks.

yeah doing quick repair stuff , but if anything breaks then they have to repair it in a proper place

There is no "quick repair" without tools and parts, and techs with the proper qualifications. Any problem that prevents the machine from flying will be repaired in place, unless it absolutely has to be flatbedded out, presuming that that is an option.

krimynal said:
alright thanks again for clearing me out !
Wow -- passing BS info twice in the same thread.

You know, if you don't know what you're talking about there really is no requirement to post.  ::)

Journeyman said:
Wow -- passing BS info twice in the same thread.

You know, if you don't know what you're talking about there really is no requirement to post.  ::)

well , what he corrected me on wasn't about what the post was about from the start , he clarified some stuff ..... when have I said any BS in there ??? I said that he might patrol with some infantry , wich I was wrong and he corrected me , then I said I thought it was like flight engineer , wich he clarified what the flight engineer was doing .....

so how is this BS info ???

Were the words too big?  You don't know the role of Maintenance Pl in an Infantry Bn, and you don't know the capabilities and limitations of a Flight Engineer, so why did you feel a need to post about them?  Why not stick to posting things you know about?

Those are both rhetorical questions, by the way.  Your apparent need to post stuff won't be advanced by pretending we're pen pals.

I have a veh tech friend who told me that on his tour he went on a patrol with the infantry when they were short a few guys, however I feel like it may just have been a mess story.

C.G.R said:
I have a veh tech friend who told me that on his tour he went on a patrol with the infantry when they were short a few guys, however I feel like it may just have been a mess story.

I have met no fewer that 5 people that all held the world record for longest confirmed kill in 2001.  However, none of them were Cpl F.

Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see.

Back