• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Short Course on Managing Recoil - or Not

muskrat89

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yzI0AIpUUA

Now that was fun to watch. Curious though, what's with the 'Aim Every Shot' sign?

neko said:
Now that was fun to watch. Curious though, what's with the 'Aim Every Shot' sign?

I was thinking the same thing!! That and "You'll put your eye out!!"  ;D

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude omfg!!!! he got nailed and i thot m16 were powerful!!!!

...I'll refrain from commenting about the utter lack of English skills the user demonstrates...

But aren't our C-7s M-16s? (Rhetorical, people) ...They don't have quite a "powerful" recoil, do they?

...Maybe we ought to "educate"--and by that I mean "hit over the head"--people on youtube?

Frederik G said:
...I'll refrain from commenting about the utter lack of English skills the user demonstrates...

But aren't our C-7s M-16s? (Rhetorical, people) ...They don't have quite a "powerful" recoil, do they?

...Maybe we ought to "educate"--and by that I mean "hit over the head"--people on youtube?

"Now, see here my dear Watson. We can deduce that this is in fact a child who is writing this because:
A) he can't write worth shit;
B) he uses MSN speak;
C) he thinks that a small caliber round has enormous recoil (I personally thought a .22 had recoil when I was 8 years old)

Therefore, as much as I agree with you that every little Hellion deserves a good beating now and then, we must excuse the child for being a child and simply ignore him.

It's elementary my dear Watson. Something the suspect has not yet completed"  ;D

'Aim Every Shot'

Remember that it's a civilian range. I assumed that they don't want people just standing there cranking off rounds in semi- or full-auto, just "downrange". That was my take on that.

muskrat89 said:
Remember that it's a civilian range. I assumed that they don't want people just standing there cranking off rounds in semi- or full-auto, just "downrange". That was my take on that.

Ok, but wouldn't that just be common sense?

And now of course I understand the need for the sign.  ;)

Well, yes - kind of like "Hearing protection required"  "Do not commence firing until authorized by the Range Master" and all of the other signs that you see at a public firing range

neko said:

And now of course I understand the need for the sign.  ;)

"Dude, common sense was secured a long time ago."

muskrat89 said:
Well, yes - kind of like "Hearing protection required"  "Do not commence firing until authorized by the Range Master" and all of the other signs that you see at a public firing range
I can see the need for those signs, but having to be told to take aim, it just struck me as odd. And a bit scary.

Edited to add that I'v never been to a firing range, I've only ever used a weapon out in the back fields so I'm not at all familiar with any signage that is usually at them.

I like the comment written under the video; "only chuck norris is able to handle such a gun" ;D

neko said:
I can see the need for those signs, but having to be told to take aim, it just struck me as odd. And a bit scary.

Edited to add that I'v never been to a firing range, I've only ever used a weapon out in the back fields so I'm not at all familiar with any signage that is usually at them.

Think of it as the "do not eat dessicant" markings on things......We all know its not food....but its there because someidiot somewhere did it anyways

For all the engineers out there.....

What is the first point they teach during demolition safety class ?

cdnaviator said:
Think of it as the "do not eat dessicant" markings on things......We all know its not food....but its there because someidiot somewhere did it anyways

You mean it's not pepper?  That explains why it kept drying out my mouth.

"Aim your weapon."

How about "Control your weapon."

Now I'm all for removing all the signs and letting Darwinism take its course. 8)

I get pretty worked up when i'm on youtube byt reading people respones. I dont mind losers commenting on things but when you see some loser talking out of their arse about things they obviously know nothing about. Damn it gets annoying!
I reckon every idiot in the world has a id on youtube.

cdnaviator said:
For all the engineers out there.....

What is the first point they teach during demolition safety class ?

C-4 tastes like chicken ...... err..I mean don't eat C-4  ;D

Back