• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Shacks For Dennison Armoury Posting?

stretch

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all, I just got a prohibited posting for Dennison Armoury with no HHT. I've been there quite a bit and I've never known there to be any shacks of any kind (at least not in the last decade).

Any idea where they expect me to live? I'm thinking this could go in a really great direction or a horribly bad one. My odds are on the latter.

Cheers.

No Shacks. There use to be PMQs but they have been torn down to make way for condo buildings. Best bet is to start looking at a place to rent.

That was my thought too so I am but I'm also receiving no PLD and like I said no HHT so the conditions seem right for me to get screwed here. Unless there's something I'm missing. 

stretch said:
Any idea where they expect me to live?

Your profile says Brampton. Can you not commute to Dennison Armoury?

I haven't updated the information in some time unfortunately. I live in Kingston now.

I've also noticed that the Army.ca Admin department seems more for website admin questions and not necessarily the admin I had in mind. So I apologize if I started this thread in the wrong department and thank you for the responses thus far.

Something sounds a little strange here.  "Prohibited" are normally for operations (i.e. nasty places where you wouldn't want to take your family anyway) and "restricted" postings are simply those where you have not yet secured accommodation (i.e. once accommodation is secured the "restriction" is lifted).  Are you Regular or Reserve?

A discussion with your career manager may be in order.

I'm with Pusser -- I'm aware of Prohibited Postings for year-long tours in the Middle East, but even year-long fixed postings to Toronto for Staff College or Kingston for Tech Staff have usually been Restricted -- same as a normal posting. Attach Postings are fairly common, but not Prohibiteds.

You need to speak to an expert about this. And ask them point blank about food and shelter and commuting.

In the works. I thought I'd see what the community had to say. Thanks for the consideration guys.

And I'm regular and it's most definitely a prohibited posting. Just simply meaning that I don't get a move of any DF and E or access to a PMQ (if there was any)

Is this an OJT thing?  Are you post-OFP in your occupation?

What are you being posted to Dennison for? Employment or are you on OJT awaiting trg?

OJT.

After speaking with some Orderly professionals it seems this posting might be changed to restricted.

Pusser said:
Something sounds a little strange here.  "Prohibited" are normally for operations (i.e. nasty places where you wouldn't want to take your family anyway) and "restricted" postings are simply those where you have not yet secured accommodation (i.e. once accommodation is secured the "restriction" is lifted).  Are you Regular or Reserve?

A discussion with your career manager may be in order.

I'm 1/2 of a Married Service Couple with me in Edmonton and he at CJOC in Ottawa.

I am "Prohibited" posted as I always have been.

"Restricted" posting does not work in our case as there is no "restriction pending availability of housing etc" ... he is simply not being posted here by his CM while I was.  There is no "pending" anything applicable.

I was attached posted to Dennison Armoury for 6mo, then anther 6 mo, then another.  :)
The part that's the worst is not getting the PLD; living in TO can get expensive.  I rented a shoe box of an apartment in North York then I found a better spot in Roncesvailles village (so south and west of Dennison) and was very happy there.
Could try the Canadian Forces College, they do have a couple of rooms away from the brass....

Good luck!

Back