• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Server Upgrade

Just a followup:

I just got off the phone with them - they have been having problems with email (specific domains - which explains why OTHER email was still getting through) since Saturday night, and should have it fixed shortly.

Actually - as an unrelated aside, my PREVIOUS ISP (when I was located in Edmonton) was Golden when problems of any sort arose - an email to all their customers stating what it was, expected time for repair, etcetera.

THESE guys though, don't even notify when there are planned maintenance outages.  Unfortunately for me/fortunately for them - we're isolated enough here that they are the only game in town (unless you want to go dial-up).

Lesson learned - next time there's an issue similar to this, I'll check with THEM first.

Thanks for your help.

Roy,

Quite honestly, it's more likely I would be at fault, so check with me first... it's quick and easy for me to rule our server in/out as the problem, so I don't mind.

Roy,

Believe it or not, our server looks like the cause. Long story, but we've been placed on a spam watch list. I'll work to get us off.

Mike... guess you should put THEM on Recorded Warning

geo said:
Mike... guess you should put THEM on Recorded Warning

But then they'd allow no posts!!

People on RWs can't post!!

Noooooooo.

old medic said:
Running an open relay with the SMTP ?

No, thankfully! We ended up on the Composite Blocking List, seemingly because of a temporary mail server misconfig with the mail server name. We should be back in business now, though it may take a few hours to propagate.

*uses futureshop comercial robot voice*

Technodorks.....Megageeks.....

;D

Man -you sure know how to deflate a good angry customer bubble.

I'll lay off my ISP.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Quite honestly, it's more likely I would be at fault, so check with me first... it's quick and easy for me to rule our server in/out as the problem, so I don't mind.

How right I was! :)

CDN A, when you talk airframes etc. it sounds just like this to me!

Yup - I'm receiving the notifications again.

On the UP side of the whole exercise - I DID clean up my "notification" list.  Some of those threads were a couple of years old!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Guaranteed you weren't the only one affected.

Back