• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

It is p a i n f u l l y  s l o w  on the Linux/Firefox box (at 08:05 (Eastern)) and unworkable on the Windows/IE7 box.

I have made three posts this morning only to lose all three due to being unable to find site.....this seems to be better now (at work), but all last night and this AM, couldn't do diddly....

Mike Bobbitt said:
I swapped 3 different DSL modems in place, and connection #1 just never establishes without a kick from me on the router. The DSL modem syncs, but no connection is made, so it's the router. But connection 1 and 2 are configured exactly the same, so I'm not sure why the difference! Maybe tonight I'll swap them to see if it's the first connection slot, or the actual connection that's causing the problem.

It looks, from here, a lot like the problem we had a few months ago.

Added: Same as before (Sep 07) at 0900 Hrs; one minute it's quick, the next it's "Nothing heard." Happens with both boxes - it appears to depend upon which connection (at Mike's place) one 'grabs' at any moment. It's not my connection - the rest of the Internet zooms along happily on both machines.

Edward, you're right... it's not your connection, it was one of ours. I brought the other connection up and we're back in business again.

Sorry for the inconvenience all!

Since about 0300 to about now (1300) its been slow, as well avatars aren't loading.

The site is kicking along quite nicely for me now!  (XP & Firefox).

I haven't seen it this fast in several days.

Whatever you did Mike, it worked!

same here George.... it limps along (with sudden bursts of speed)....

Need for speed!

Yup I have to agree with you guys  the site is one min  fast the next not so fast .

Is anyone else finding the site really slow this morning, or should I blame it on the cold up here freezing everything?  :D

It was slow again, fixed now. I'll try to figure out an automated way to at least detect when one of our connections goes down.

Its a might slow here on the Rock. There is from three to five second delay.

Okay it is slow here at home, but it isn't too bad at school.

It comes and goes for me both at work and home.  I'm not computer savvy, but for whatever reason, double-clicking seems to speed it up.  8)

It's the ferry to the rock that carries the packets... everything's good on this end.

Back