• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sep 18th in St Jean?

If anyone has any questions about basic or whatever, feel free to message me or add me to msn. csl84@hotmail.com Good luck.

Sunflour -

www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/site/a_propos_elrfc/index_e.asp  Go there, and look for the joining instructions. They are there but I dont feel like doing all the work for you. ;)

At the same time, you can get more info about your course.

Sunflour, there is tonnes of relevant and useful information about your situation if you search for it. There are many posts about what to bring to your BMQ, what not to bring, as well as, what to do and what not to do and so on. Try looking on the "Basic Training" section of the Recruiting Office in the main forum directory. Good luck.

I was told, like others going to St. Jean for the 18th, that transport may or may not be available from the airport or bus terminal in Montreal. If there are over nine candidates arriving at the same time, transport will be provided. If  no transport is waiting, then we would be responsible for taking a cab. Yes, the money will be reimbursed. I was also told to have about $150 to $200 in cash when I arrived for extra expenses. Specifically, this is what I was told: "We recommend that you bring at least $ 150 to cover unforeseen expenses for the procedure on arrival, a pay advance of $ 220 may be available over and above the $ 150 that you bring with you (IAP and BMQ)." Car pooling is allowed, if people want.

Cheers.

Enami said:
I was told, like others going to St. Jean for the 18th, that transport may or may not be available from the airport or bus terminal in Montreal. If there are over nine candidates arriving at the same time, transport will be provided. If  no transport is waiting, then we would be responsible for taking a cab. Yes, the money will be reimbursed. I was also told to have about $150 to $200 in cash when I arrived for extra expenses. Specifically, this is what I was told: "We recommend that you bring at least $ 150 to cover unforeseen expenses for the procedure on arrival, a pay advance of $ 220 may be available over and above the $ 150 that you bring with you (IAP and BMQ)." Car pooling is allowed, if people want.

Cheers.

Now we get the real story. This is correct. You take a cab and claim it back...get an advance if you don't have money to take with you. If there are a bunch of you on the same flight they will send a van but not economical for ones and twos.

sunflour said:
im heading to ST- Jean as well  i only found out 6 days ago and  the recruting center isnt giveing me much info  ill get my joining instructions on the 15th when i have to go to toronto (2hours drive away from my house) to do paperwork then i have to go back to toronto on the 16th for my swaering in and then back again to toronto on the 17th to fly out

see ya there

Check the link in my post at the top of the page...

Back