• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Senior charged after turning in vandal

• Thread starter Thread starter GAP
  • Start date Start date
He was good for a 422, but the old man lost PID... Oh, wait...

Pieman said:
My bad, I read 'trunk' not truck as it is.

I still believe the man should have held the boy, stayed put and called the police. Isn't that how citizens arrests are supposed to work?

I'm not speaking about the charges laid against the elderly man, just think he could have played it a lot smarter.

this of course is assuming that the 74 year old man had a phone in his pocket or there was one sticking up in the park where he caught him.

I too can see lawsuit coming for the traumatizing of the poor baby.  Mommy and Daddy will want justice and if they can get enough maybe they will even by him a new xbox. 

In fairness it is not just the RCMP - all police seem to be going this route.  Called the Halifax police when my neighbours kid and friend were playing basketball and I saw them several times direct the ball towards my vehicle.  My wife made me call the police instead of what I wanted to do because she didn't want me going to jail.  Their solution was that I should move my vehicle out of my driveway and let the kids have their way.  Thanks for nothing (instead I had my niece and a couple of her friends from the pubs watch the place for a week. Things settled down then.)

Too bad so many parents are more concerned about protecting their kids from the world instead of protecting the world from their kids.

If this was my kid I know he would be hoping I got to him before his mother did and the old man would be getting an apology instead of charged.

Makes me wonder if people were allowed to defend their property, how often would "Little Johnny" chose to B&E peoples places.......

It's important to remember that there are no constitutionally protected property rights.

And Daddy starts to moan:

The poor little lad....

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/03/09/father-claims-son-is-victim-in-vandalism-case

Here we go.

Back