• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

second language training - self study

PiperDown

Donor
Reaction score
I have been searching for a link to the self study package offered by the CF for second language training. ( ie french )

I seem to recall, there was a site that members could work on second language training at their own pace, at home etc.

Registering for DND learn yielded no success, as there is no such animal on that site.

anyone have experience with this ?

Well....  I figured out  why I was having trouble finding it.

its called - "Autonomous Language Learning in Interaction with Elements in Synergy".  or ALLIES for short. 
I guess " second language training" seemed too boring. ;)

website for anyone interested is

http://www.allies.forces.gc.ca/

Out of curiosity, has anyone had any experience with this program?  Has it been effective in helping you learn French?

I started doing it a while ago, but leave and taskings have interfered.  I wanted to do it at work but you need both speakers (or headphones) and a microphone to do it properly.

Is it effective in learning French?  Hard to say.  I find it too military based.

I found the military focus useful. I don't find that kind of instruction anywhere else. From another thread:
Rheostatic said:
I've been using ALLIES Web for a while now. It's helped with learning the kind of workplace vocabulary and phrases that I won't learn at home. It's good if you can stick to it. I particularly like the audio functions that allow you to talk back and compare your pronunciation to the recordings. Also the "militarized" clip art and 20-year-old videos are amusing.

Back