• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sea Time

Ex-Dragoon said:
It varies far too much....it depends on the readiness level of your ship. whats going on in the world, the state of the navy fuel budget. I have seen low readiness units have more sea time then high readiness units.

I searched around to see if I could find the answer to my question.  But to no luck.  I'm wondering is there a way in finding out the readiness levels of Canada's ships?  Or is that information which can't be posted on the internet?

Gunner_Pyza said:
I'm wondering is there a way in finding out the readiness levels of Canada's ships?   Or is that information which can't be posted on the internet?

Only one thing to say about that

OPSEC

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knew how much sea time Naval Combat System Engineers get? I know that they are out with the fleet for a year after training, and 2 years after they pass their exam, but what about after? Or are they stuck on shore for the rest of their careers?

Marsh said:
I'm wondering if anyone knew how much sea time Naval Combat System Engineers get? I know that they are out with the fleet for a year after training, and 2 years after they pass their exam, but what about after? Or are they stuck on shore for the rest of their careers?

Normally they will complete the following sea tours:

phase 6 - 1 year
A/HOD - 2 years
HOD - 2 years

Thanks. Is it possible to request for more tours afterwards, or is it normally left for new engineers?

Marsh said:
Thanks. Is it possible to request for more tours afterwards, or is it normally left for new engineers?

Only if you enjoy getting chewed out by MARS Officers all the time. ;D

Back