• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ruck Sack assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADPAT SOLDIER

Inactive
Reaction score
Could someone please dircect me to a site or explain to me how I am suppose to assemble my Ruck sack?

Why dont you ask at your unit ?

I mean..its your NCOs job to take care of you..........

I leave on monday for bmq, I was only issued one duffle bag
I wouldn't mind being able to bring it assembled instead of carrying it as dead wieght

Future Unknown said:
I leave on monday for bmq, I was only issued one duffle bag
I wouldn't mind being able to bring it assembled instead of carrying it as dead wieght

So, again.....why didnt you ask before ?

just figured you could google your way into being a soldier ?

You know I'm seeing a distubing trend in the seeming lack of guidance being offered to these young troops.

I also think that perhaps these young troops just want to take the easy way instead of just asking a simple question followed but some simple lesson's.

Well two days I go i got sworn in and today about 2 hours ago I got my gear,
I have only met 1 person from my unit and I leave on monday as you can see I am a little pressed for time
so any advice or help you can give me would be apprecitated
thanks in advance
future

Yes someone from your unit should have been there to help you get kitted. It is a shame, I would not worry to much about it as your instructors will be given the responsability of teaching you this.

Best advise, take [size=10pt][size=10pt]every[/size][/size] piece of kit the queen gave and have it on your person when you report in. Save yourself the grief!

Good luck and congrats!

Future Unknown said:
Well two days I go i got sworn in and today about 2 hours ago I got my gear,
I have only met 1 person from my unit
really? Isn't that funny? And how does that match up with your opinions of NCOs in this thread?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/45176/post-403474.html#new

So, how does this add up?

Para I don't think that's the same guy.... :-\

upon further investigation I'm 100% sure it's not, other then having Future in the Alias there are 0 similarities

HitorMiss said:
Para I don't think thats the same guy.... :-\
you are so right. The "Future" threw me. (Not surprising since I spend most of my time re-living the past. After all, the future means change, and I fear change. Also heights and carnies.)

FU, (teehee) nobody can really tell you how to assemble a rucksack over the 'net. But, you want to use the straps on the back of the bag to secure the bag itself to the frame. You can do that much before departing, but the assembly should be part of your lessons in Basic.

It's not complicated in person, but nearly impossible to describe over a computer screen. "You gotta take the first strap and slide it through the hole on the side", it doesn't really work. Maybe if someone has digital photos of their ruck they can post?

HoM, you got an old frame, or a wire hanger one? I haven't used the coat hanger rucksack in 10 years, and don't have any pics of it.

Somehow I have really really strong feeling that you will be taught how to dolly up the ruck..instructor showing many of you, as you may not be the only one.  One of the other troops showing his completed one to you....

I highly doubt that they will take you on a ruck march on the first day on the ground...

Then again it has been years since I taught.

dileas

tess

I am surprised no one asked yet if you looked in the bag?  There is a little book that is issued with the Ruck and webbing that has instructions and pictures of how to put it together.

Apologies Para I have Jump frame too, I haven't used the wire ruck in 4 yrs...

I don't even have pics of the wire one.

Yep,

I am sure all will be explained when you land on the ground.

Any other takers?  If so PM me as this is a lock.

dileas

tess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back