• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Anyone know when the ROTP applications start for 2012-2013? Looks like I flunked this one..

seraf said:
Anyone know when the ROTP applications start for 2012-2013? Looks like I flunked this one..

It would be the same as applying for this year I believe... So you could probably hand it in around September

jwtg said:
Recruit Camp is basically bits and pieces of BMOQ.  (Lectures, PT, drill, inspection, uniform, written tests, etc.)  Literally everything covered in recruit camp is covered in BMOQ.  If you've done BMOQ, there wouldn't be any reason to go to recruit camp.  HOWEVER, when my buddy did recruit camp he informed me that there were people who had done BMQ (through reserves, etc...) and they still had to do recruit camp, for some reason.  I guess they hadn't done BMOQ, only BMQ, so for whatever reason someone felt recruit camp was necessary for them, as well as BMOQ the following summer.

As I understand it, it's basically a crash course in 'what you really signed up for, so get your *** in shape because PT is harder than high school gym class' for ROTP Civ U students.

I would guess that, if after enrolling in the ROTP, if you somehow get loaded onto a BMOQ course before doing recruit camp, you wouldn't have to do recruit camp.  It's not a requirement for commission, or even a formal requirement for anything...I understand you get a letter saying you did recruit camp on your file...not a formal evaluation or anything that would normally be involved in a formal course...

As Dou You has said and others, you are not unique in your position but it doesn't sound like anyone has succeeded this past year. If it helps, focus that it could always be worse. There are people who have done PRes or 7years of Cadets and they have to twiddle their thumbs for 2 whole weeks. You may have already started University as I and others also had done but atleast you'll learn somethings that are new.(unless you fall into the aforementioned groups)

CFAT done, now I just wait for my selection. I'm on the list for Junior ROTP, since I need to spend that year in St. Jean learning French and stuff, but that's cool too! Hope I get in!  ;D

Hello guys,

Posted a little while ago about ACSO, reconsidered and now im heading into Aerospace Eng. or Mechanical Eng. Waiting on good news from the Medical office and then I am merit listed. Hoping to hear back asap - not to miss selection. Guess I'm back playing the waiting game until the end of March (Hopefully  ;))

Goodluck to everyone!

Hey everyone,

Seems like March 15th will be the beginning of the ROTP selection, with decisions coming end of March/early April. That is what I have been told. Fingers crossed!

That's strange, I just got an email (earlier today) from my recruiter telling me that selections won't start until the end of March and that we will hear decisions by mid-April. Although she didn't give me any dates.

Yes, feel free to PM me if you have any questions you'd like to ask me.

Passed the ACSO test. :):)
Now I just need an over the phone interview, then I get to play the waiting game.

nairna said:
Hey everyone,

Seems like March 15th will be the beginning of the ROTP selection, with decisions coming end of March/early April. That is what I have been told. Fingers crossed!
Really? I talked to my File Manager last week and he said that selection starts on 22 March, with notification of those selected during the 2 and 3 weeks of April.
I guess everyone's heard something a little different.

2011Applicant said:
Really? I talked to my File Manager last week and he said that selection starts on 22 March, with notification of those selected during the 2 and 3 weeks of April.
I guess everyone's heard something a little different.

I guess it all changed from last year... Many guys like me received their call around the 17th of March.

By the way, for any First year who are going to St-Jean instead of Kingston next year (yes, that will happen even if your first choice is Kingston) feel free to pm me for any further questions about your Orientation Period.

Guys don't get hung up on what day you are supposed to hear by.  Last year they told us different things and then they'd say they were behind in their work or whatnot.  There are many areas in the chain that could make it take more or less time, you might hear in a couple weeks....you might not hear until late april or june. 

So I received a call from my file manager yesterday with information saying I would get a call March 22 with a job offer. I'm getting anxious!

He did also include that I was accepted as junior or senior ROTP at RMC, does anyone know if this means I'm guaranteed RMC in the fall? Because I sure hope so!

I believe that means that you were approved acceptable at RMC, it does not mean you are guaranteed a spot at RMC or an offer.

So I'm gathering that when the admissions board at RMC make their decision, they will notify us via our file managers?

Good God. I'm so nervous. I applied for the Combat Engineering Officer and Armored Officer positions. As stated in earlier threads, I just feel like I need to stress how important getting your application in ASAP is. I got sent three urine test reqs from my recruitment centre, only to find out they were all the same and that three different medical officers were not in accordance with each other.. This was after the deadline too, and I was freaking out so bad. They said not to worry though, so I hope all is well on their end.

Also, since the applications were due in a while back in January, does anyone have any idea how the selection board will see first semestre grade 12 marks? I just got them updated on my transcript, and I feel like they would really help my application- Mid 80's in university math and science :) Will they even see them at all?

Back