• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves: Open House / Job Fairs [Merged]

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Over the last few weeks you guys have helped me clear up a lot of questions I had prior to application. The following excerpt from an email I received from a Toronto Scottish Regiment recruiter has popped up another few questions for me (newbie question alert):

"our newest tasking: Direct Fire Support.  This newest challenge given to the Toronto  Scottish Regiment includes operating the .50 Calibre Heavy Machine Gun and the C16 Automatic Grenade Launcher."

1. What exactly is a tasking, and what are the different types of taskings?
2. Where can I find a list of "taskings" for the units in my area; specifically: Toronto Scottish Regiment (Mississauga), Lorne Scots (Brampton), 32 Combat Engineers Regiment, Queens Own Rifles of Canada, Royal Regiment of Canada (all 3 in Toronto)

I do know that the QOR has a Parachute Company, which I assume is a "tasking".

I'll be visiting the 32 CER and Toronto Scottish open house in two weeks.

Thank you

Read this, it may answer some of your questions.

http://www.army-armee.forces.gc.ca/en/news-publications/national-news-details-no-menu.page?doc=backgrounder-strengthening-the-army-reserve-through-mission-tasks/jgb8dbj5

When this initiative was announced there was some discussion on these forums about the issue.  If you can't find it maybe someone will be along who will take the time to find it and point you in the direction.

Some discussion here,

Reply #3226 >
https://army.ca/forums/threads/24381/post-1536139.html#msg1536139
"Starting in 2018, Army Reserve units will be assigned specific Mission Tasks: mortars, pioneers, light urban search and rescue, and direct fire support."

ACE_Engineer said:
The following excerpt from an email I received from a Toronto Scottish Regiment recruiter has popped up another few questions for me (newbie question alert):

As always, your unit Recruiter is your most trusted source of official, up to date information.

Thank you all. So, if I understand correctly, a tasking is a speciality assigned to a unit? In essence, while all infantry units might train for all types of operations, a unit with an "urban search and rescue" tasking would spend more time doing that specific task?

Also, why do Reserve units not list their tasks on their page? Seems like the kind of information potential recruits would like to have.

I'm hoping to get more information on this in person in the coming weeks.

ACE_Engineer said:
Thank you all. So, if I understand correctly, a tasking is a speciality assigned to a unit? In essence, while all infantry units might train for all types of operations, a unit with an "urban search and rescue" tasking would spend more time doing that specific task?

Also, why do Reserve units not list their tasks on their page? Seems like the kind of information potential recruits would like to have.

I'm hoping to get more information on this in person in the coming weeks.

All employers enjoy the ability to be flexible.
Detailing the minutia of potential jobs is mind numbing.
The job is to recruit people, not scare them away.

Thought I'd point this out. From 38 Canadian Brigade and 38 Service Battalion on Facebook... Please move if in the wrong place.

The Canadian Army is holding a National Army Reserve Job Fair across various armouries in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Northwest Ontario

SEE BELOW FOR LOCATIONS, DATES, AND TIMES:

BRANDON, MB - Brandon Armoury (1116 Victoria Avenue) SEPT 28TH 10AM - 4PM

KENORA, ON - Pte David Kejick, D.C.M., Armoury (800 11th Avenue North) OCT 5TH 10AM - 4PM

MOOSE JAW, SK - LCol C.V. Currie Armoury (1215 Main St N) SEPT 28TH 9AM-4PM

PRINCE ALBERT, SK - Prince Albert Armoury (802 Exhibition Drive) SEPT 28TH 10AM-4PM

REGINA, SK - Regina Armoury (1600 Elphinstone Street) OCT 5TH 10AM-4PM

SASKATOON, SK - Sgt Hugh Cairns V.C Armoury (930 Idylwyld Drive) SEPT 28TH 10AM - 4PM

THUNDER BAY, ON - O'Kelly V.C Armoury (317 Park Avenue) SEPT 28TH 10AM-4PM

WINNIPEG, MB - LCol Harcus Strachan V.C, M.C Armoury (551 Machray Ave) and Minto Armoury (969 St Matthews Ave) SEPT 28TH 10AM - 4PM

YORKTON, SK - Yorkton Armoury (56 First Avenue) OCT 5TH 10AM-3PM

Edit: There is also one hosted by 39 Service Battalion in Richmond B.C.

Date and Time
Sat, 28 September 2019
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT

5500 Number 4 Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3L5

Back