• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve regiments in Edmonton

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me which reserve regiments (army and airforce) operate out of Edmonton?

Thanks

Off the top of my head, I know of:

Loyal Edmonton Regiment

41 CER

41 Svc Bn

A cursory search of the forces.ca site reveals:

• HQ & B Sqn SALH
  • 20th Field Reg't RCA
  • 41 CER
  • LER (4PPCLI)
  • 41 Svc Bn
  • 408 Sqn Reserve Flight
  • 15 Fd Amb
  • 745 Comm Sqn
  • 6 Int Coy

As an aside, Edmonton has very well rounded representation of the PRes.

Thanks!

My friend is  Ex reserve armored turn airforce traffic tech turn civilian traffic tech. Just spent 5 years in Kabul and is back home. I think I might try and talk him into INT

DND/CF > Army > Units
Sort by City
Edmonton, Alberta

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-terre/units-unites/index-eng.asp?action=City&id=1

41 CBG Recruiting (for any Edmonton based Army Reserve) ph. 780-973-4011 x5288

Good afternoon.

I am looking to join the Royal Eddies as an infantry soldier.  I have a few questions all of which I am sure a recruitment officer here will be able to answer rather quickly. the first two I suppose are pretty standard the third one is a little more complicated I imagine.

1:  Are you able to confirm that the Royal Eddies are currently recruiting infantry soldiers?[/list]

2:  As someone looking to apply for the reserves, how does training work in respect to my current full-time employment? Are you required to go away for 14 weeks all in one go, or as a reservist with a full time job do they do it in sections? Also, once the 14 weeks are up is this when you return to your selected battalion; in my case the Royal Eddies? If you do have to do the 14 weeks training in QC in one shot like everyone else are employers obligated to let you go without you losing your job?

3: Now, i suppose this is where it gets dicey for me. My family, on my mothers side has a long history of depression. I have low depression, bot even mild (quoted from my doctor) I do and unfortunately take a low antidepressant for it. I have never had suicidal thoughts, thoughts on hurting others, and my doctor himself when i told him I would love to apply for the reserves told me that he did not believe that mentally, in terms of depression am not a problem in his opinion. However, he is not a military doctor and obviously doesn't make the rules. CAN someone like me, apply and me accepted, or am i automatically going to be rejected due to this?

I thank you for your time, and appreciate your help on these questions.

respectfully

Richard

Do you mean the Loyal Eddies?

1. Reserve units do their own recruiting you will need to talk to them directly.

2. BMQ (basic training) may be offered full time or on weekends depending on the needs of the unit. Going forward, not all many courses are full time only. It is your responsibility to work out an understanding with your employer to get the time off you need. They have no legal obligation to grant you time off beyond any earned holiday time.

3. Your best bet is to go and talk to a recruiter at the recruiting center about medical questions.

Ludoc said:
2. BMQ (basic training) may be offered full time or on weekends depending on the needs of the unit. Going forward, not all many courses are full time only. It is your responsibility to work out an understanding with your employer to get the time off you need. They have no legal obligation to grant you time off beyond any earned holiday time.

BMQ is run by 41CBG's battle school, not a specific unit. It starts in the fall on weekends, and is followed by SQ. Last I heard, SQ was run entirely on weekends as well, but I'm not certain.

There is a legal obligation for your employer to provide 20 days unpaid leave for reserve training per year, subject to the following (search for "reserv"):

http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/E09.pdf

Brasidas said:
BMQ is run by 41CBG's battle school, not a specific unit. It starts in the fall on weekends, and is followed by SQ. Last I heard, SQ was run entirely on weekends as well, but I'm not certain.

There is a legal obligation for your employer to provide 20 days unpaid leave for reserve training per year, subject to the following (search for "reserv"):

http://www.qp.alberta.ca/documents/Acts/E09.pdf

I stand corrected on the time off.

However, I am not sure what the deal is with SQ/BMQ-L. I know it is roled into the Battle School/DP1 for the regular force guys, I am not sure if the reserves do the same thing and if they do it is taught in discreet mods.

Ludoc said:
I stand corrected on the time off.

However, I am not sure what the deal is with SQ/BMQ-L. I know it is roled into the Battle School/DP1 for the regular force guys, I am not sure if the reserves do the same thing and if they do it is taught in discreet mods.

BMQ and BMQ-L for PRes are both available part-time and full-time. Coordinated by the Brigade Battle School Training Coy.

Full time is approximately 5 weeks BMQ and 2-3 wks BMQ-L

15 Military Police Coy is also a primary Res Unit that is attached to 1 MP Regt.

Back