• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Full time ?

Hatchet Man said:
You are either getting paid a full day or half day at 80% or 100%. With Class A and B/A there can be a lot of flexibility (WRT full days and half days).   Class B and C are usually full days only.

My understanding is that only Cl A has half days.  Cl B/A contracts are for a specific period of time and are for full days.  IIRC Cl B/A contracts are for longer periods of time and include some benefits.

THere are four classes of pay, not three: A,B,B-A,C
Munner - You are confusing the issue as their are only three class of service. The Class B Annotated A positions (CL B(A)) are established full time reserve positions.  They are paid at the same daily rate as Cl A and Cl B.  The difference is the length of the contract (up to three years) whereas Cl B is usually for a set period of service (for example, a DP1 summer course).

My understanding is that only Cl A has half days.  Cl B/A contracts are for a specific period of time and are for full days.  IIRC Cl B/A contracts are for longer periods of time and include some benefits.
  Hatchetman - Cl A can be full or 1/2 days and you can work up to 10 days in a row.  You are not supposed to work longer than 10 days on a Cl A basis.  See my comments about Cl B positions ab ove. 

Cheers,

I can't say I have ever seen a Cl A route letter.  All I did when I was with my Reserve unit was sign pay sheets on a Cl A basis. 

A class A Route Letter..........?????

With 14 pay sheets attached............

It's possible with a travel order.

i.e. sign in for a set number of days to drive vehicles from an armoury to Wainwright.

but as noted, there are restrictions on the number of continuous class A days. It's certainly not
permanent like the first poster was asking about.

CLA route letters were used quite often for guys that wanted a week or two of work and were guaranteed to be there every day. Also, adventure training or other week-two week long exercises were good uses of route letters..

Back