• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remedial measures question.

NFLD Sapper said:
An IC does stay on your pers file but after your monitoring period (usually 3 months) there should be a letter attached stating that you over came the deficiency for why you where place on IC and then the IC becomes a mute point and should not be held against you.

LMAO.

It's strike one of three. It'll count against him next time too, regardless of whether or not this one is successfully completed.

Navigate,
Send me a PM with civ email addy.

ArmyVern said:
LMAO.

It's strike one of three. It'll count against him next time too, regardless of whether or not this one is successfully completed.

Navigate,
Send me a PM with civ email addy.

It absolutly is strike one.

Jim Seggie said:
It absolutly is strike one.

It is but its not overly dramatic, no need to make it sound as such. I have one IC and 4 RWs on my file along with ink on my conduct sheet. Has not hurt me too much...........

CDN Aviator said:
It is but its not overly dramatic, no need to make it sound as such. I have one IC and 4 RWs on my file along with ink on my conduct sheet. Has not hurt me too much...........

Well.....weren't you up for consideration as CDS?  ;D

a Sig Op said:
Because this is the sort of nonsense pulled regularly by reserve units... it was a reasonable assumption, maybe not completely safe.

"Didn't you get my text message" is also becoming irritatingly familiar.

Really?  I actually thought he was fulltime or on class B somewhere.  This was far more common when I was working at CFRC where everyone had access to DWAN than at any reserve unit I`ve been with.  But I have not been with too many so "assuming" may not be reasonable in this case either  ;D 

CDN Aviator said:

I, on the other hand, took the illegal punishment and kept my record squeaky clean.  The XO did offer to charge me though if I preferred.

SLts sometimes do stupid things...

Crantor said:
Really?  I actually thought he was fulltime or on class B somewhere.  This was far more common when I was working at CFRC where everyone had access to DWAN than at any reserve unit I`ve been with.  But I have not been with too many so "assuming" may not be reasonable in this case either  ;D

I'm not sure if it makes me feel better or worse to know it's the sort of nonsense that's everywhere....

Navigate said:
I understand what your saying, but thats pretty much the whole truth about it.
Were you charged under the NDA?  Where I am at, we would encourage use of the NDA as opposed to a remedial measure for a minor first-time trip on one's self.  The IC (while it may seem less painful) is actually a much bigger stick than a non-electable charge.

No they couldn't charge me under the NDA on this, that was there initial intent, then they switch it to an IC because they weren't able to lay a charge.

CDN Aviator said:
ystme
I am guessing that many ICs/RWs are innappropriate but far easier to steer through the system than oh .....a charge?

Charging someone requires work on a step by step procedural basis that ensures fairness to the accused and the system.

The IC route can  be manipulated by those unwilling to charge. Administrative procedures should be used for repeat patterns, and not single instances of minor transgressions.

Jim, i 100% agree with you. All i am saying is that remedial measures are not the end of the world.

Jim Seggie said:
ystme
I am guessing that many ICs/RWs are innappropriate but far easier to steer through the system than oh .....a charge?

Charging someone requires work on a step by step procedural basis that ensures fairness to the accused and the system.

The IC route can  be manipulated by those unwilling to charge. Administrative procedures should be used for repeat patterns, and not single instances of minor transgressions.

You'd have trouble these days getting the Legal Officer to agree to support any charge where you couldn't clearly demonstrate that you issued a legal and clear order inclusive of location/timing etc to hold someone to account for either AWOA or disobeying of such order. Thus, the IC makes it the member's shortfall with no redress (which is not true either). ICs can and have been successfully reversed when facts and circumstances deem them to be inappropriately issued or issued without full knowledge of all petinent info and events. There's always two sides to the story - - - and they should both be heard before a career action is considered or taken. I really, no really, hope there are no COs out there who just arbitrarily sign-off on these things for issuing.

CDN Aviator said:
Jim, i 100% agree with you. All i am saying is that remedial measures are not the end of the world.

I don't think Jim inferred they were the end of the world ... the postings were follow up to a post that made them look as if they were "done and over with, never to be heard of again" after their successful completion. That's only true until "the next time".

Back