• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

releasing

bravo2824

Inactive
Reaction score
i'll try to make this as short as possible. I had enlisted into the reg forces as a infantry ncm in which a month before getting my call which took 4 months i had decided to go reserves and get some college. after talking to some people they had said that you can transfer to reserves in basic, because they do the same bmq as the reg. forces. so with that i didn't call the recruiters to cancel the regs and switch to reserve. so during basic after talking to my course commander he had said i'd have to release when i get to sq/biq.
i'm at sq/biq now and am just woundering if i'm able to do a transfer to the reserves or do i have to actualy VR?

Have you spoken to your Pl Comd?  Ask your Sgt/MCpl to request a talk with your Pl Comd on the issue.  You seem to have progressed a fair bit to still be asking questions through informal channels.

G2G

Good2Golf said:
Have you spoken to your Pl Comd?  Ask your Sgt/MCpl to request a talk with your Pl Comd on the issue.  You seem to have progressed a fair bit to still be asking questions through informal channels.

G2G

yes the mcpl told me to write a memo so am just going to get a example of a memo, i've never had to write one up before, and request the release but am hoping they'll do a transfer kinda deal.

As far as memos go for troops at the BMQ/SQ level, just put your request on paper (Date, To, From, and include your service number) and your section staff should clean it up for you and come back and get you to sign the cleaned up version.  That's how I was made to do things when I instructed on SQ courses.

As far as component transfers go, I've seen them take from as little as 8 weeks to 16 months even with guys with lots of courses and tours.  Going the other way from reg to reserve at the beginning of the contract is something I haven't heard.  Either way keep a positive attitude and finish your current training. 

...............or you can do what some have done here in the past - use the SEARCH function and find the topic on "How to write a Memo".  There is a template, that you can save and use many times in the future, in or out of the CF.

Back